Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Who do you blame?

Who do you blame?

• The Board

Votes: 123 67.6%
  • Rom

Votes: 59 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both, honestly. Yes, Rom said exactly what almost all of us have been saying on places like this. But it's a bit unsavory to just air all that in public. Makes us look a "bit" foolish.

That being said, a LOT of this falls squarely on the board. Moshiri came in with expectations of 'NOTHING WILL BE THE SAME', yet kept fn ELSTONE employed and then put him on the damn board. That put up massive red flags for me. As wrong as the esk has been, others had said there was supposed to be a massive transfer budget. Supposedly there was, we even bid (puke) 30m for Sissoko on deadline day. Thankfully that fell through, but then we spent that and a bit more in January and....thats it.

Look, I know you can't force players to join you, but I find it absolutely inconceivable that there were only TWO players who wanted to join us in January and who could have improved us. FFS, look at Dzagoev in Russia, they were in their winter break, theres not a chance he couldn't have improved us.

We had to sell our biggest asset in decades (Rooney) on the cheap, because we were deep in the brown stuff. If we now fail to capitalise on our biggest asset since then, at a time when we're apparently able to compete with the top table financially, the board need to hang there incompetent heads in shame. Show your teeth Everton ffs.

RobertoMartinezThumbsUp.jpg

I'm not sure anyone is to blame. Martinez did brilliantly to sign him and the keep him after the 14/15 disaster. Koeman and Moshiri did even better to keep him after the 15/16 disaster, he was always going to go and he is probably a couple of years ahead of us, the reason for that may be to blame.

I don't blame Lukaku for anything he's said or done so far. We are a mid-level club without obvious ambitions, and I'm a bit surprised he has stayed for this long. The only thing keeping him any longer would have to be a personal guarantee from the manager and the board that big money will be spent in the summer, cause without him we're not even top 10.

Whilst I don't really think Rom has said anything terrible, sometimes I wish he'd just shut up and play football. He's at Everton because he failed at Chelsea and didn't have any better options, he's been provided the opportunity to develop here and will certainly get a big move in the near future. In light of that, mouthing off and undermining his employer is bad form.

Voted Rom but because that's the closer answer to Rom's agent. I'm sure Rom is a smart guy but he's still a kid practically. Agents are snaky dudes who persuade for a living. Probably a little bit of advantage being taken on Rom, and the agent is running his mouth a little much. Next, I blame the media!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back