Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Who do you blame?

Who do you blame?

• The Board

Votes: 123 67.6%
  • Rom

Votes: 59 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's call a spade a spade: there is no board making decisions, this is an autocracy on the major decision making. Moshiri is to blame for reneging on promises.

And by the way, in all this spare a thought for our fallen comrade @The Esk . Lukaku's words emphasise that the players he was saying were on the cusp of signing were actually set up but the cheque wasn't signed. The only possible failure of the esk was that, perhaps out of loyalty, he tried to minimize the amount of dilly dallying from the owner's side and placed more emphasis on agents arseing about. But the substantial info was spot on.
the Esk has been wrong about everything.I reckon he is partially responsible for all the cryarsing on here, he led people to believe we would be the next Man City, do you think Rom followed him on twitter? just imagine him in the changies, eh lads Mata is ours Esk said. or is Vinny Kompany Roms personal Esk.

Rom.
If he'd signed - then there is no issue.
End of story all carry on.

I applauded his honesty - he spoke like a captain with heart and desire to galvanise us all to kick on, go further and become what we want. A top club, with ambitions greater than our rivals, not just perennial knife-to-gun-fight(ers). Problem was he isn't the captain and he had no authority to comment on some matters that don't concern him. He harmed the image of the club and showed a disunity, that just isn't there.

Although elements of what he said resonate with our desire to achieve - there is a way of going about it, and the message could have been slightly different. As is was he hasn't put himself in the best light and some of what he said put his ego before the team and undermined the manager and those in charge of the club particularly regarding the matters that he has no responsibility for and judging by Ronald today in the press conference he has rightly been told.

In agreement with him as far as the fact that there is always more that can be done and with the benefit of hindsight better ways to do business. However my opinion them differs because the club have started to show ambition. To offer to make him our highest paid player ever and reward his loyalty, whilst protecting our investment. We've brought in quality management and scouting in. We broke our transfer record again and outspent all of the top 6 in the last window. Parties closer to the Stadium process are waxing lyrical about how close the endeavour is to becoming reality for a new home that satisfies our Motto. This requires huge funding commitments too. To making key changes to the clubs image that can only harness further investment and support. All of this demonstrating huge strides forward in 1 year since partial change of ownership, than 20 years of prior stagnation.

Rom sharing his opinion of all this, and opinions can vary, served only to fuel the gamesmanship in the contract negotiations. It's surprisingly naive of him considering how intelligent he is. But I don't buy into the idea that he is only putting his own self interests at heart. If he really wanted to leave and do damage to the relationship with the club, and fans, there were other tried and tested ways to go about it other than turning up to a EITC event all smiles and give an unapproved interview.

An interview which only gave him and the club more publicity and allowed Ronald very cleverly and professionally to assert his authority over his playing staff whilst highlighting his belief in the board with some open questions allowed if further progressive action isn't forthcoming.

Other players in the past have been happy to sign new deals whilst serving the status quo. Basically happy to collect a wage. He isn't, so I believe some of his desire to be successful here - he wants more, as do we all so we partly approve of the sentiment.

But if he really wanted to get off the last 24 hours wouldn't have played out as meekly as it did, so it does make you wonder what the real end game is other than to keep his and our name in the news, and ultimately get more guarantees from key people at the club about whether the action seen to date will multiply further so that he then buys in 100% to the project as others have with all then working hard as one to get the success we all crave.

He either wants to stay or he doesn't. If he doesn't we wouldn't have been led up the garden path to play these games at the 11th hour. The fact this is being played out, suggests he does want to stay IMO.

But everyone has been given the option of a get out if the right course of actions that clearly show our ambition don't happen.

If the stadium and playing staff commitments come through. He and Ronald don't go. If they don't then a domino effect could occur that keeps us furlongs away from the leading group.

Rom.
If he'd signed - then there is no issue.
End of story all carry on.

I applauded his honesty - he spoke like a captain with heart and desire to galvanise us all to kick on, go further and become what we want. A top club, with ambitions greater than our rivals, not just perennial knife-to-gun-fight(ers). Problem was he isn't the captain and he had no authority to comment on some matters that don't concern him. He harmed the image of the club and showed a disunity, that just isn't there.

Although elements of what he said resonate with our desire to achieve - there is a way of going about it, and the message could have been slightly different. As is was he hasn't put himself in the best light and some of what he said put his ego before the team and undermined the manager and those in charge of the club particularly regarding the matters that he has no responsibility for and judging by Ronald today in the press conference he has rightly been told.

In agreement with him as far as the fact that there is always more that can be done and with the benefit of hindsight better ways to do business. However my opinion them differs because the club have started to show ambition. To offer to make him our highest paid player ever and reward his loyalty, whilst protecting our investment. We've brought in quality management and scouting in. We broke our transfer record again and outspent all of the top 6 in the last window. Parties closer to the Stadium process are waxing lyrical about how close the endeavour is to becoming reality for a new home that satisfies our Motto. This requires huge funding commitments too. To making key changes to the clubs image that can only harness further investment and support. All of this demonstrating huge strides forward in 1 year since partial change of ownership, than 20 years of prior stagnation.

Rom sharing his opinion of all this, and opinions can vary, served only to fuel the gamesmanship in the contract negotiations. It's surprisingly naive of him considering how intelligent he is. But I don't buy into the idea that he is only putting his own self interests at heart. If he really wanted to leave and do damage to the relationship with the club, and fans, there were other tried and tested ways to go about it other than turning up to a EITC event all smiles and give an unapproved interview.

An interview which only gave him and the club more publicity and allowed Ronald very cleverly and professionally to assert his authority over his playing staff whilst highlighting his belief in the board with some open questions allowed if further progressive action isn't forthcoming.

Other players in the past have been happy to sign new deals whilst serving the status quo. Basically happy to collect a wage. He isn't, so I believe some of his desire to be successful here - he wants more, as do we all so we partly approve of the sentiment.

But if he really wanted to get off the last 24 hours wouldn't have played out as meekly as it did, so it does make you wonder what the real end game is other than to keep his and our name in the news, and ultimately get more guarantees from key people at the club about whether the action seen to date will multiply further so that he then buys in 100% to the project as others have with all then working hard as one to get the success we all crave.

He either wants to stay or he doesn't. If he doesn't we wouldn't have been led up the garden path to play these games at the 11th hour. The fact this is being played out, suggests he does want to stay IMO.

But everyone has been given the option of a get out if the right course of actions that clearly show our ambition don't happen.

If the stadium and playing staff commitments come through. He and Ronald don't go. If they don't then a domino effect could occur that keeps us furlongs away from the leading group.
If Everton agree to release fee he signs contract then does one in the summer. That's the top and bottom of it, his statement on our transfer policy then never sees the light of day. He's covering his arse with his interview, nothing more.

Honestly! What a time for Lukaku to come out with a load of stuff like this! We're approaching the business end of the season and aiming to qualify for Europe - which is not yet certain by any means.

Outpourings like this can only prove a distraction at such a time and he is behaving very, very unprofessionally. His agent must have put him up to it for some devious reason.

Incidentally, I can't imagine many of his admirers in "Champions League clubs" being too impressed so he's not doing himself any favours.

The fall out from Romgate has been bouncing around the forum, its hard to gauge the true feeling due to the volume of posts, just an interesting poll from my POV to see which side of the fence everybody sits on.

Ironically there will be no fence option, its a straight up brawl.

Option 1 - The Board - Lots of pie in the sky talk in the meeja, no doubt most coming from within the club, sometimes even quotes from Moshiri, promised war chests of 100m, its not enough to be a museum, monopoly money, Jim White chatting bubbles, certain posters on social media and fan forums blowing Moshiris trumpet. Outcome = A projected net spend of minus 8m over 2 transfers windows, ambition shown=ZERO, Stadiums built=ZERO.

Option 2 - Lukaku - A player in the form of his life, scoring superfotgols for fun, a young hungry player who wants to see the club progress, the actions of the Board are not matching the words from their mouths. A player showing ambition to kick on.

Now granted, the OP shows which side of the fence I sit on, but everybody has a vote, I realise theres loads of topics on this subject, but would be nice if we could gauge peoples views in terms of actual numbers, so hopefully this thread isnt merged for at least a day or 2 just to get a strawpoll.
Given the way you presented the options I wouldn't apply for any jobs with the electoral commission!

If it was the Boards fault I'd expect all our better players to be knocking on the door demanding through agents that they be allowed to leave. I don't see any others. The Board aren't pressing him to make a decision....his agent is!

Rom wants to play in champions league and megabucks

His agent wants more money

We want the best price

No one is to blame because once he leaves on our terms they will all be winners.

Dont know how anyone could blame Rom, club got to meet his ambition this summer or he's gone the next, can't blame the lad, plenty of worse players getting bigger money, winning medals and playing in europe

the Esk has been wrong about everything.I reckon he is partially responsible for all the cryarsing on here, he led people to believe we would be the next Man City, do you think Rom followed him on twitter? just imagine him in the changies, eh lads Mata is ours Esk said. or is Vinny Kompany Roms personal Esk.
Moshiri gave all those promises himself. He said in programme notes that he would provide cash to get us to the next level and that all he had would be at the club's disposal.

Moshiri gave all those promises himself. He said in programme notes that he would provide cash to get us to the next level and that all he had would be at the club's disposal.
so? you expect what exactly? european champions in 3 years? premier league winners next 3 years? treble winners? fact is i have only ever known Everton as champions on 3 occasions in my lifetime, we are hardly going to be dominating world football overnight, if you don't think we are ever going to change just stop going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back