WHO SHOULD BE OUR NEW MANAGER???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever we get needs time to mould his team. There are still a few players that need moving on , that have been here too long.
I am at a loss who it should be. But attitudes and mind sets need to be changed if we are ever to move forward

Think I would take Dyche or Howe over Silva personally, especially if the former beats us on Saturday.

Fonseca and Conte would be my first ambitious-realistic? Choices.

Whoever we get needs time to mould his team. There are still a few players that need moving on , that have been here too long.
I am at a loss who it should be. But attitudes and mind sets need to be changed if we are ever to move forward

This is key, providing the appointment isn't another Allardyce style tragedy everyone will need to have patience whilst this mess is sorted out.

The amount of players in our squad nowhere near good enough for the top 6 is disturbing considering the money spent. If that's where we want to be it's going to take a while.

Do we want a new coach or a new manager?

Think we need a coach first!

upload_2018-3-1_22-18-24.webp

Proper names those, none of this Arteta, Silva or Howe nonsense, we need a serious manager even more then we need defenders

Yet two of those managers have only ever succeeded when at the divisions dominant team, and both are heavily disliked by fans of there current and former clubs for there style and way of play.

I won't get excited by Silva, Howe or Dyche. We always get managers from smaller team and/or lower divisions, and we haven't had any success with this approach. I'd go for the most successful manager we can attract, someone who has won serious championships - Ancelotti for example, even if it's just for 18 months, to instil a more serious approach, rather than dicking around with the likes of Martinez and Allardyce.

Arteta shouldn't be a viable candidate. We aren't a halfway house. The next manager should have managerial experience, PERIOD.

But again, the D of F needs to come first. They have to decide on some concept of a team with Board and be left to do his business. Give him a staffing budget and allow him to set up a proper sporting structure for the club. Maybe Walsh current has one, who knows.

I still like RBL's model. They've got Ralf Ragnick as its overall sporting director across all its teams (including Austria and RBNY), but RBL has a chief scout, an individual sporting coordinator, and a head coach/trainer in Ralph Hasenhüttl. The sporting director hires the head coach or in their case, the trainer. To me, that makes a ton of sense. In fact, I'm not sure why we are so obsessed over having some big name head coach. I know its the EPL and there are massive salaries and egos, but we should be finding a coach that philosophically agrees with the type of football we are trying to play most importantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back