WHO SHOULD BE OUR NEW MANAGER???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done nothing, managed no one, and he's a Judas as well. Dont want him anywhere near the club. I'd rather stick with Allardyce than reward that feller.

Pissed off at him for his goal and the stuff with baines after he left mate myself, but yanno what that alone showed he's got a mentality that we sorely lack at this club, he's s winner.

As for a Judas, depends really, played his best years for this club, and the club wanted the money when arsenal wanted him, heard speed called a Judas, Ferguson, and many others, none of it being really true now is it?

Reputation from those who have seen his work as a coach is huge apparently.

Rather have him by miles than some retread and limited manager.

Sometimes being ambitious entails not just following the same formula everyone else does.

Pissed off at him for his goal and the stuff with baines after he left mate myself, but yanno what that alone showed he's got a mentality that we sorely lack at this club, he's s winner.

As for a Judas, depends really, played his best years for this club, and the club wanted the money when arsenal wanted him, heard speed called a Judas, Ferguson, and many others, none of it being really true now is it?

Sometimes being ambitious entails not just following the same formula everyone else does.

agree with this, was gutted when he left but realistically he wanted champions league football and took a paycut to go there, was motivated by a desire to test himself at the top and nothing else for me.

shame it took us 6 months to replace him with Gibson that season as osman/neville next to fellaini was grim

joachim-loew-jules-rimet-trophy-world-cup-germany_3172306.jpg

Artetas inexperience would just be used as a stick to beat him and Moshiri with in the event our stuggles continued if he was appointed.

I just wouldn't see him as the type of personality that would be strong enough to get to grips with an underperforming squad and handle the pressure that will inevitably come whilst we try to transition out of this slump.

His name will be linked by lazy journos but under these circumstances where we literally cannot afford another failure I'd be amazed if he came anywhere near serious consideration. He would be a fish out of water in the extreme.

He's ultimately untested as a manager. And I cant think of a worse candidate for the task facing this club at the end of the season than that. We need a manager with a proven pedigree - one who can offer a significant CV, who has a proven record of getting his message across to players and one who has proven themselves in the transfer market. All of these are unknowables for Arteta.

It would be perhaps the biggest act of folly committed so far to install a man of no proven calibre into this club's hot seat.

I think it's just wild journalist nonsense created by people who are too lazy or too dumb to think straight.

He's ultimately untested as a manager. And I cant think of a worse candidate for the task facing this club at the end of the season than that. We need a manager with a proven pedigree - one who can offer a significant CV, who has a proven record of getting his message across to players and one who has proven themselves in the transfer market. All of these are unknowables for Arteta.

It would be perhaps the biggest act of folly committed so far to install a man of no proven calibre into this club's hot seat.

I think it's just wild journalist nonsense created by people who are too lazy or too dumb to think straight.
I've seen you knocking down candidate after candidate Dave... can we have a (realistic) name or two that you WOULD be happy with?

Out of the 3 mentioned on the home page;

Luis Enrique

Paulo Fonseca

Diego Simone

I think I would prefer Simone, he is a bit defensive, but he has a winning mentality and I think we desperately need someone to organize the team into a defensive unit. The question is he ready to leave Athletico and would he come to us as only a top ten side with no European games. He may want massive money and massive money to spend on his targets

Enrique for me represents the Barca style that Martinez tried to play, which is difficult, if you don't have the quality of players to pull it off, which I don't think we have.

Fonseca looks good at Shaktar and has been good in the CL this year, I am just not as convinced he can do it in the premier, but he would be my second choice behind Simone

Moshiri has shown that he bows to fan pressure, media pressure, and emotional sentimentality. Fans wanted Koeman out, he was out, Kenwright wanted Unsworth to have a go, Moshiri indulged him for a bit before bowing to the fans, the media wanted a British manager to be given a top job (something they never advocate for one of the real top jobs) and he panicked and duly appointed Allardyce. He has no decisive strategy at all and will make decisions on a whim. If Evertonians start running with this Arteta stuff, the media will push it because a bit like Allardyce or Dyche or Howe it will suit their agenda of shafting a non top 6 side. If the noise is great enough Moshiri will listen to it.

This must not happen. Arteta is even less qualified than Unsworth and commands less respect at Everton. At least Unsworth was a trophy winner, leader as a player and won youth trophies. Arteta has done none of these things but because he’s put the cones out for Pep people think he should manage Everton?! Absolutely crazy. Phil Neville did the same for Moyes and that bloke at Valencia now at Wolves, may just as well give it to him if you follow this ridiculous logic.

I hate to say it but a lot of this stuff is a form of reverse xenophobia. Any ex Everton player in recent times who is British would be immediately derided if linked to the Everton job: Stubbs, Weir, Neville, Ferguson, Unsworth would rightly be judged as not having good enough CVs to manage us. Stubbs has even won a cup as a first team manager but rightly would not be deemed good enough.

Arteta does a few months of coaching under Pep though and people are calling for him to be considered as manager. It would be the same with Cahill, or Kanchelskis, or if Matterazi suddenly wanted a crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back