WHO SHOULD BE OUR NEW MANAGER???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva till the end of the season for me and see if he can start getting something out of these players. In reality we need a lot of higher quality players, the players we have aren't as bad as they're making out but a new manager likely means a new squad, more money being spent etc. We need someone to come in and give the team an identity and style of play before the end of this season. Defending all game (poorly), not playing football, having the least possession against pretty much every team we play and conceding goals at a whim isn't an identity. It's a disgrace.

We can't see who our half decent players are because the collective is so bad and so disjointed. Carry on as we are till the summer and Sam inevitably goes then and it's a huge job on for the summer to a) assess the squad and sort the weeds from the grass and b) get a new manager in and identify the numerous players we will need to bring in.

Sam till the end of the season at least, the players are gash and bringing in a forgienger now won't help us.
With Sam will will likely win at least 2 more home games and pick up a point or 2 away, we then re-assess in the summer

Arteta excites me when I think about it. Anyone who pep fast tracks into assistant manager automatically appeals to me, especially when it's an ex player who I loved.

It is obviously a major gamble but i do think he should be considered. My heart is probably ruling my head on this, but if he's good enough for Pep then he's almost certainly good enough for everton.
Same for me. Though it would be a bit weird to have a manager the same age as Jagielka.

Actually, the more I think about it, Arteta might be fine. But only if he's coming here to be the head coach and work with the first team under a new Director of Finance. Head coach/manager can deal with the first team, tactics, training, etc. Hopefully, the D of F will handle all transfers and oversee all aspects of the football side of the club. That I would be fine with.

Until we sort our midfield nothing will change
I keep seeing 2 centre backs needed this and that replacing. I get that to a degree but until we can get a game by the scruff of the neck ( string more than 2 passes together) we will always conceade too many goals and not score enough.
We need 2 box to box midfielders than can tackle and aggressive with also the capability to pass a ball and create.

I’ve never seen an Everton team pass a ball so poorly

Hughton anyone? If he beats Arsenal will be level on is wth points. That is an amazing achievement with that Brighton side.

Fonseca, Howe, Dyche remain my favourite realistic targets (in order).

I don't think it matters anymore, a prime opportunity has somehow turned into the club putting a shotgun into its mouth and pulling the trigger, Moshiri reminds me of those other useless owners the Venkys and the Fernandez bloke at QPR, just completely useless & naive know nothings when it comes to football, people know it too and take advantage, like Burnley & Swansea.

We've a squad full of worthless scat, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go down like Blackburn & QPR whether it's this season or in one to come.

Big name please! If we’re willing to pay 6m per season I’m sure we can attract someone at the level of Simeone. No more big wages for some half f managerial ability.

Arteta is a strange one. He's going to have a big Job in the next few years, and he could work with the project etc etc, I just worry it could go all Tim Sherwood. Fonseca or Favre for me.

Think we need to decide what a good season represents.
The reality is we are basically aiming at 7th unless we go on a huge spending spree. Modern football is in a terrible state.
Our best chance of changing this is a “5 year plan” but to get this you need a manager that will be loyal.
For me that would be Dyche or Rafael.

I dont understand the clamour for Arteta. So he is doing well under Guardiola....remember Steve the Brolly Maclaren ?
He was given exactly the same accolades when he was understudy to Sir Alex Fergusen........
Working well with a good coach doesnt translate necesarily to immediate success as a stand alone boss
Swerve....for now

Arteta is an interesting one and would be an exciting choice IMO. Yes a risk obviously as he’s yet to manage and for that reason Fonseca would still be my preference. But if Fonseca can’t be lured then I’d much rather take a punt on a young exciting coach with new fresh ideas who is highly thought of then go down the tried and tested boring “safe” options like the current dinosaur we currently have.

It has to be someone who will excite the fan base and someone the fans will really get behind from day 1. Either Fonseca or Arteta would get that IMO.

What we have now is the equivalent of dying a slow death. We have a manager nobody can stand and a DOF absolutely nobody has any faith in to spend our money wisely. We’re all hoping that is going to change come the summer but the problem is, none of us are completely sure that will happen and it’s that fear and uncertainty that is getting most people down. I can sort of understand not sacking Allardyce right now and creating more upheaval when a few more points are needed for safety, but why not sack Walsh right now and appoint Brands or someone else to take over as DOF and start planning for the summer?

At least we’d see some sort of plan forming and it would give everybody a lift. There’s absolutely no reason whatsoever that Walsh should still be in his job here so you have to point the finger at Moshiri for this one.

A Fonseca/Arteta appointed as soon as the season finishes, a new DOF, a few good exciting early transfers then all of a sudden everybody is excited and optimistic for the new season and we can all go and enjoy the summer and the World Cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back