WHO SHOULD BE OUR NEW MANAGER???

Status
Not open for further replies.
And today's entertainment was brought to you from Desperate Evertonian Productions.

Arteta hasn't managed a single game in his entire life. No one with a non-record like that is getting this job.
Based on the fact that Moshiri hasn’t appointed anyone without managerial experience of the Premiership I’d tend to agree. Been a disaster though.

I've no idea if Arteta should get the job or not. I do know two things. First, we have to avoid relegation. Given our current form, that's definite possibility, albeit unlikely as there are actually others worse than us. Second, this Summer has to be regarded as Ground Zero. With the exception of EiTC, and possibly the stadium, everything about the club seems rotten. On and off the field, we are shapeless, rudderless, leaderless. There needs to be an iteration of a vision of where we want to be and a core management structure put in place with a plan of how to get there. That management core needs to be ruthless, determined, energetic, decisive, and clear. I don't see how we can get by with a quick fix, so, for me, a young team manager is required, one who knows how he wants the team to play and who relishes going up against the likes of City and United and Liverpool. No fear, and no expectation or acceptance of defeat. The recruitment process should be happening now, with the new men known by mid-April at the latest, working together, ready to start the day the season finishes.

I've no idea if Arteta should get the job or not. I do know two things. First, we have to avoid relegation. Given our current form, that's definite possibility, albeit unlikely as there are actually others worse than us. Second, this Summer has to be regarded as Ground Zero. With the exception of EiTC, and possibly the stadium, everything about the club seems rotten. On and off the field, we are shapeless, rudderless, leaderless. There needs to be an iteration of a vision of where we want to be and a core management structure put in place with a plan of how to get there. That management core needs to be ruthless, determined, energetic, decisive, and clear. I don't see how we can get by with a quick fix, so, for me, a young team manager is required, one who knows how he wants the team to play and who relishes going up against the likes of City and United and Liverpool. No fear, and no expectation or acceptance of defeat. The recruitment process should be happening now, with the new men known by mid-April at the latest, working together, ready to start the day the season finishes.
Very good post, I agree and can see a big overhaul coming in the summer.
Definitely be a new manger, almost certainly a new DOF, hopefully the 16th of March will see Farhad take full control of the club and then Elstone will be gone and new directors brought in who know how to run a football club and improve our income.

We cannot attract anyone under this current board. Alladyce came for one last pay off, the board failed to see this.

Agree with every word. Do I believe it will happen? Not so sure. There's a chronic lack of leadership from board level down.

Fonseca looks on the surface potentially a good appointment. However if he says we need to sell 10+ players & brings in 5/6/7 players then we need to go for someone else.

We need to ask any prospective manager how would he plan to integrate vlasic, Lookman, dowell into the squad along with any of the other youngsters deemed to have a chance.

I just can’t see this working any other way without some world class level recruitment which is problematic of not near impossible given the current state we are in.

We need a long term manager all this small window to break into the champions league places has proved our downfall. Think longer term another koeman type appointment & we are really in the mire.

Arteta in a few years time when He has proven himself as a manager.
We can't take a chance on our next manager, it has to be the right choice.
Arteta without managerial experience is to much of a risk right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back