Who should be starting keeper vs. Sunderland

Howard or Joel as #1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he doesn't want to make him the scapegoat for our general poor defending. Which may be a point because TH is only part of a much bigger problem, albeit a big part.

So unless he has suddenly decided to place an emphasis on stopping crosses coming into the box in the first place and improving our general inability to deal with aerial balls he has got to start somewhere, and the goalkeeper's position would be a good place to do so.

And as we now know he hasn't dropped him, Big Sam will be laughing his arse off.

Maybe he doesn't want to make him the scapegoat for our general poor defending. Which may be a point because TH is only part of a much bigger problem, albeit a big part.

So unless he has suddenly decided to place an emphasis on stopping crosses coming into the box in the first place and improving our general inability to deal with aerial balls he has got to start somewhere, and the goalkeeper's position would be a good place to do so.

And as we now know he hasn't dropped him, Big Sam will be laughing his arse off.
This is exactly what I've been trying to get at, if we keep allowing easy balls in and open headers in our box it won't matter who is in the net. It needs to be dealt with for the sake of who ever winds up in the net for us

It will be Howard, and it probably should be too. Overall, Howard has had a decent season. However, if he screws up again, then it will be time for him to sit on the bench. Let's not forget, Joel screwed up against Barnsley

It will be Howard, and it probably should be too. Overall, Howard has had a decent season. However, if he screws up again, then it will be time for him to sit on the bench. Let's not forget, Joel screwed up against Barnsley
Howards had a decent , which one would that be....ffs.

Robles was ropey when he came in last year when Howard was out, but grew in stature as he got a run of games. Howard can't blame a lack of match sharpness for the several rickets he's made this season. For me, Martinez made a big mistake in not making Howard earn his place back last season, he virtually signalled to Howard that he's undroppable. I'm not saying Robles is the long term answer but I feel he deserves a decent run of games to prove his worth.

I hate this idea that we need to give players a long run of starting matches in a row before they get up to speed. We have the preseason for that, and after that we have reserve matches and constant training. If a player can't keep himself sharp enough to be near his best the moment the manager calls his name, he probably shouldn't be playing professionally.

I hate this idea that we need to give players a long run of starting matches in a row before they get up to speed. We have the preseason for that, and after that we have reserve matches and constant training. If a player can't keep himself sharp enough to be near his best the moment the manager calls his name, he probably shouldn't be playing professionally.
It doesn't really work like that though does it

Decent season? Apart from shocking Arsenal goals from a 6 yard box what about Ings and Rooney goals to say at least?

We
well that's a joke as Howard plays every Prem game make bad errors, stays in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back