Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney might be a circus act or he might be a genuine shot at galvanising us.

I dont think we're in any position not to consider that as an option.

Apart from one ?‍♂️, and yes I do remember the dogs abuse I got for suggesting such a guy that had been relegated with Bournemouth...

The same when I suggested Maupay is absolute ? when he signed...

And I pointed out all the failings of Frank Lampard last season, a better manager would have had us safe much earlier...

See a pattern? ?‍♂️
I thought Lampard was worth a try. He would have been keen to prove himself. Howe obviously had more PL experience.

Maybe Lampard isn’t cut out for management after all, but it is all about fine margins these days with managers.

I think it would be the first option and I wouldn’t be 100% opposed to it.

He’s not a big time Charlie and he would be passionate.

But, it’s another gamble similar to Lampard, so maybe not the best idea in the position we are in.

But, it’s another gamble similar to Lampard, so maybe not the best idea in the position we are in.
Lads passionate means nothing. Tactics and smart management win games. We need to get over this sentimentality at Everton. Doesn't matter if the manager 'gets us' or not. We need to win games.

We're talking about a manager who steps in to get another 26 points from the remaining games.

I have no belief that Rooney could come in here and make us a midtable side again.

We need a spark from somewhere. An edge. Maybe he hands us that...maybe not. But that's the desperate situation we're in right now and people need to stop dreaming about Poche-'kin-tino and the like.

Last edited:
Lads passionate means nothing. Tactics and smart management win games. We need to get over this sentimentality at Everton. Doesn't matter if the manager 'gets us' or not. We need to win games.
You think our players are capable of carrying them out?!

Only one thing gets us out of this: the fans igniting poor players (again) and maybe, just maybe Rooney can lift us a bit.

Just out of curiosity, how does our front 5 (Iwobi, gray, Gordon, McNeil, maupay) who have scored 50 goals in over 400 games between them, get us points with “smart management”

Lampards tactics are questionable, nobody is denying that especially in game, but you fail to see how utterly poor these players are

And if the news is correct, we’re about to offer 2 of them bumper new contracts in excess of £200k a week.

Literally rewarding failure

Given that Everton are also a circus act, it would make sense in a Bill Kenwright Productions kind of way.

I suspect his critical comments last year about how he was sold in 2004 might play against him however...

Just out of curiosity, how does our front 5 (Iwobi, gray, Gordon, McNeil, maupay) who have scored 50 goals in over 400 games between them, get us points with “smart management”

Lampards tactics are questionable, nobody is denying that especially in game, but you fail to see how utterly poor these players are

And if the news is correct, we’re about to offer 2 of them bumper new contracts in excess of £200k a week.

Out of interested, last season you made a total fool of yourself throwing silly hissy fits about the manager, even though he was doing a better job with utterly poor players.
How come you didn't point out about the players lack of abity then? We're you deliberately talking rubbish?

Because smart management wouldn't have lost that game yesterday after going 1 up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back