Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly how does he do it? He's won an FA Cup, that's it in his whole career. Relegated Wigan, dreadful with us outside of a single season, criminally wasted Belgium's best ever generation when the team were #1 in the World and now is set to take over a Portugal side with unreal potential. He must honestly have the best agent in football, whatever he's paying him is no where near enough.
Nobody of any consequence wants to be an international manager anymore, there’s not a lot of competition for these jobs.

Nobody of any consequence wants to be an international manager anymore, there’s not a lot of competition for these jobs.
I just think it's a very different skillset.
Capello was one of the greatest club managers ever but Southgate is a far superior international manager.

Capello was one of the greatest club managers ever but Southgate is a far superior international manager.
Yeah probably.

Martinez appears to be equally as ineffective at both though. He’s legacy is an FA cup win with a team which got relegated, after being a pretty steady PL club for years until he got the job.

It is to an extent, but it’s just not a particularly big pull for top managers these days. I know when he took the Belgium job the pay was only about 20% of what we were paying at the time.

Amazing how Martinez keeps on landing these big jobs when most of his performances have been sub standard. I am just thankful that he wont be coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back