Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian-Potter-Phoenix-Nights.webp

"Woah Woah Woah, sunshine! I don't know if you've noticed........"

Can’t be that astute - he went to sack-happy Chelsea!

To be honest, I find all the Potter hype bizarre. His record is mediocre.
Of course he is astute - and a very good coach. He's gone from the arse-end of Svenska to one of the top jobs in world football. It's early days of course, and it may well be too big a job for him and/or too soon, but GP is no dummy. He's made smart choices at right times to put himself in the Chelsea frame. He's well regarded, more stable clubs/jobs than ours will come his way. Not a chance he comes here anytime soon.

Of course he is astute - and a very good coach. He's gone from the arse-end of Svenska to one of the top jobs in world football. It's early days of course, and it may well be too big a job for him and/or too soon, but GP is no dummy. He's made smart choices at right times to put himself in the Chelsea frame. He's well regarded, more stable clubs/jobs than ours will come his way. Not a chance he comes here anytime soon.
His Chelsea tenure makes Mike Walker look good. Everton is too big a job for Potter.

His Chelsea tenure makes Mike Walker look good. Everton is too big a job for Potter.
Potter has enough credit in the bank from Sweden/Swansea/Brighton to not be short of job offers. Extremely well thought of in the game. Granted, it's not -currently- going well at CFC, but I'd get a Harry & Brian Potter tattoo on my arse if GP wanted to come here instead of biding his time for a much more stable job in a Prem-assured team.

There’s no way Chelsea sack Potter yet, so stop with your Potter hankering, never going to happen. He was the new Chelsea owners pick, no way they’d want egg on their face so soon. (Although I’d also take him in a heartbeat!)

Potter has enough credit in the bank from Sweden/Swansea/Brighton to not be short of job offers. Extremely well thought of in the game. Granted, it's not -currently- going well at CFC, but I'd get a Harry & Brian Potter tattoo on my arse if GP wanted to come here instead of biding his time for a much more stable job in a Prem-assured team.
Yeah I think he’s more suited to a slightly more stable club rather than come into us as a firefighter. Of clubs that could be looking for a new boss soon somewhere like Leicester would make sense.

There are decent managers that would come to us, I hope our board are looking further afield than the dire names I’ve been reading on here, Dyche, Martinez etc.

But then I remember who is running the club.

Anyone who says Potter isn’t a coach with success, who’s record is mediocre, or isn’t sold on him. Just read what he did with östersund. I watched them a couple of times (our summer cabin is 45 mins away) and they played with an intensity and system that every team they met even in Europe, couldn’t handle

Said back then he will manage in the premier league one day and will get a chance at a big club after impressing with someone like stoke ?

Not working out with the superstars at Chelsea because his system and methods aren’t for superstars. His system is about getting average or even terrible players to work as a unit. He’ll be perfect for us

Problem is he’ll probably take us down first as it will take a while to bed in

Last edited:
Yeah I think he’s more suited to a slightly more stable club rather than come into us as a firefighter. Of clubs that could be looking for a new boss soon somewhere like Leicester would make sense.
Rodgers is a better manager than Potter. And I say that despite my healthy loathing for Shergar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back