Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely think the reason Lampard is still in a job atm is because our boards two main targets (Martinez, Moyes) are out of reach…
I think they are Kenwright's two main targets, and I think he has a louder voice as far as leaks to the media go than he does real influence on who our next manager is.

Anyone who says Potter isn’t a coach with success, who’s record is mediocre, or isn’t sold on him. Just read what he did with östersund. I watched them a couple of times (our summer cabin is 45 mins away) and they played with an intensity and system that every team they met even in Europe, couldn’t handle

Said back then he will manage in the premier league one day and will get a chance at a big club after impressing with someone like stoke ?

Not working out with the superstars at Chelsea because his system and methods aren’t for superstars. His system is about getting average or even terrible players to work as a unit. He’ll be perfect for us

Problem is he’ll probably take us down first as it will take a while to bed in
We're probably taking ourselves down anyway (or not, as the case maybe) so he's only one of many who might want to try to help us...aka, take the money and give it a go.

So who knows if he's the man to make Everton resurgent, but I do know that Moshiri et al are not the people to even contemplateor recognise the opportunity, nevermind have the courage and intelligence to
grasp it.

Also Potters knocked us back once (while damning us politely with faint praise)

Admittedly, but be a harsh person, that judges the limits and budgets he was working within and profile of the club and looks at the relegation as a failure, he essentially brought a club up, built it, empowered it to European qualification on a lower league budget. What he did within the context of his limits was exceptional, well in my opinion anyway.
I agree I think once people see a relegation then they forget all the good stuff that went before it. He did an exceptional job keeping them in the PL that long. His football is horrific to watch though.

I agree I think once people see a relegation then they forget all the good stuff that went before it. He did an exceptional job keeping them in the PL that long. His football is horrific to watch though.
Fair point. Now I don't particularly want Dyche but given our situation I could put up with horrific football if it meant staying in the league and buying some time to stabilise the club. We are so far away from challenging for anything that a couple of years of pain would be acceptable as long as that pain is endured in the PL

Everton wins vs Soton. West Ham lose to Wolves. Moyes is sacked.
Everton lose to West Ham the week after. FL is sacked.

Result: Moyes comes back to Everton.
The problem: Everton wont win against Southampton. Everton players are wetting there pants with all the abuse they get from the crowd. Southampton has only to score first and Everton wont come back.

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 12.21.06.webp

One down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back