Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Brighton are proof that if you have the whole set up correct, a change of manager shouldn't be catastrophic. Therefore, we need to get the whole house in order otherwise no managerial change is going to stop the rot.

De Zerbi is a great manager in his own right. It shows how much Brighton have got their act together in the last few years. I absolutely loved watching Sassuolo under De Zerbi. Didnt matter who it was, juve, Milan inter...he went for their throat in games and had them on the back foot.
Brighton really do do their homework.
Pisses me right off.

Dyche in has all the markings of Moyes to UTD, Potter to Chelsea. Too big a risk for me. If we could give Dyche funds, we should give funds to Lampard instead of recalling kids
Dont think its quite the same. Were woeful, expectation is pretty low, were not Man united on the back of a league title, or a successful chelsea side, weve been on the downfall for years now and need to stay in the division, dyche is a good fit, gets the most out of what he has available. Had burnley in europa league at one stage

Id compare it to when Moyes joined Everton, same sort of scenario

Dont think its quite the same. Were woeful, expectation is pretty low, were not Man united on the back of a league title, or a successful chelsea side, weve been on the downfall for years now and need to stay in the division, dyche is a good fit, gets the most out of what he has available. Had burnley in europa league at one stage
just not seeing it mate, sorry. Think he'd be a poor appointment

that's the problem, we don't have realistic appointments worth pursuing at this stage. I think we should back Lampard with some fire power. We could buy a decent forward with what it would cost in severance for Lampard and his staff.
Will it cost that much to remove Lampard? He's only on a short contract isnt he?

Will it cost that much to remove Lampard? He's only on a short contract isnt he?
Yea I guess not that much actually. 105k per week until summer 2024 so 7.5mil
add his staff on top of that would be a few extra shillings no doubt
Still more money down the drain. There are good players that get goals being bought for less than 10mil
We need to recruit, not keep sacking

Screenshot_20230109_173203_Chrome.webp

Whatever I said, whatever I did I didn't mean it I just want you back for good
Whenever I'm wrong just tell me the song and I'll sing it
You'll be right and understood I want you back for good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back