Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are Kenwright's two main targets, and I think he has a louder voice as far as leaks to the media go than he does real influence on who our next manager is.

Hmm, I think if he could of had either of them he would of, or pushed for them definitely!

I feel like Brighton are proof that if you have the whole set up correct, a change of manager shouldn't be catastrophic. Therefore, we need to get the whole house in order otherwise no managerial change is going to stop the rot.
I think there's close to universal agreement on that.

There are two big problems, though.

Firstly, we're in a desperate situation short-term.

Secondly, he is apparently being empowered to do so, but we don't actually know if Thelwell is the right man to lead this transformation. It's blind faith, really.

I think there's close to universal agreement on that.

There are two big problems, though.

Firstly, we're in a desperate situation short-term.

Secondly, he is apparently being empowered to do so, but we don't actually know if Thelwell is the right man to lead this transformation. It's blind faith, really.
Thing is, how much is the situation Thelwell/Brands/Walsh fault? Feel like they are pointless appointments if the board won't allow them to do things how they want.

Thing is, how much is the situation Thelwell/Brands/Walsh fault? Feel like they are pointless appointments if the board won't allow them to do things how they want.
Indeed. I know this 120 point action plan is ridiculed, but the trumpeting of that suggests he's being trusted to do things his way.

We'll see... or we may not see, as we didn't with Brands. We have no idea what his remit was, it may be no different with Thelwell.

Honestly mate, Bill would have been pushing for either of both were available, 100%. Martinez is a strange one because before Lampard he was the one we loved for first so don’t get why we haven’t again, unless he said no? And with Moyes, I bet we were hoping he may of been sacked by now so we could make our move
Nah, not for me. Bobby gone and moyes still in a job and may not come either

We're probably taking ourselves down anyway (or not, as the case maybe) so he's only one of many who might want to try to help us...aka, take the money and give it a go.

So who knows if he's the man to make Everton resurgent, but I do know that Moshiri et al are not the people to even contemplateor recognise the opportunity, nevermind have the courage and intelligence to
grasp it.

Also Potters knocked us back once (while damning us politely with faint praise)
Yeah that was kinda my point. If we are going down anyway then he’s the one i would trust to build us up again properly with an identity and the capability to play football that is greater than the sum of the teams parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back