Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mind Dyche, he’s a good football manger, he knows the game, good man manger, knows the league and can set up a team. He built a club at Burnley, I really admire that in fact it’s one of the thing that I respect most in managers. On a personal level I like the lid.

He’s pragmatic, he doesn’t moan, he backs his players in public and rockets them away from the cameras, he can work on recruitment in limits without winging, he won’t suffer fools. He ticks a hell of a lot of boxes.

It’s like this for me, there have been arguably two to three managers who have built clubs from the lower leagues to make them competitive in the PL, Howe is one, Dyche is the other - we see what Howe has done at Newcastle, we all would have turned our noses up at him and did when we appointed the FSW, if we were to go for Dyche I’d expect there to be a section of our support who would do likewise, but I think it could be a canny appointment, I think he’s earned a shot at a club like us and we’re not that attractive at the moment, we have our history and size going for us.
He built a team at Burnley, he was sacked, and Burnley were relegated. We need to set the bar I bit higher. Also he supports the crowd over the road. Agent Dyche, can hear the shouts.

He built a team at Burnley, he was sacked, and Burnley were relegated. We need to set the bar I bit higher. Also he supports the crowd over the road. Agent Dyche, can hear the shouts.

Admittedly, but be a harsh person, that judges the limits and budgets he was working within and profile of the club and looks at the relegation as a failure, he essentially brought a club up, built it, empowered it to European qualification on a lower league budget. What he did within the context of his limits was exceptional, well in my opinion anyway.

I think the Dyche favourite story is an agent move to push Dyche in the front.

I think we are waiting until after the weekend personally, I think the club are waiting on reactions from United and other clubs FA Cup games.

I think they want a safe pair of hands so Moyes or Dyche but if Chelsea pull the trigger on Potter if they get beaten heavily v Man City.

So are the board just waiting until we loose a few more games?

Or is lampard and his teams compo that high we can't afford it

I think the Dyche favourite story is an agent move to push Dyche in the front.

I think we are waiting until after the weekend personally, I think the club are waiting on reactions from United and other clubs FA Cup games.

I think they want a safe pair of hands so Moyes or Dyche but if Chelsea pull the trigger on Potter if they get beaten heavily v Man City.
Everton wins vs Soton. West Ham lose to Wolves. Moyes is sacked.
Everton lose to West Ham the week after. FL is sacked.

Result: Moyes comes back to Everton.
Each of these scenarios presume that the manager who gets sacked wants to get back in the saddle immediately and join the basket case that is Everton.
For the record I would be very happy to appoint Potter and leave him in charge long term even if we went down , but it's not going to happen.

So, are we missing something here. . . . is there an opportunity to do something radical, different, forward thinking . .

There are very mixed views on whether Lampard should stay or be replaced and arguments quite valid either way.

What about, we make a change, but keep Lampard?

Bring in a mentor, a guide, call it what you will, but someone with experience to work alongside him (slightly above?) to help in through the rest of the season. (six month contract)

Allardyce, Joe Royal, Uncle Arry, name who you will but could a joint structure work i.e. Lamapards enthusiasm, likeability, player popularity etc. backed up with Experience, know how, tactical ability etc.

Sure, it would be a kick in the teeth for Lampard but not as big a kick in the teeth as getting sacked outright. Lets face it, this is his last job at this level if he gets the boot now.

Reassess at the end of the season depending how it all works out.

Could it be a worthwhile compromise for all?

Are we at the stage now where any new manager coming in is almost complicit in endorsing Moshiri etc?
Why would you come in under current circumstances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back