Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you no chance, he will pick the Championship trophy at the end of this season and get promotion.

WE missed out on Kompany no doubt of that.
Here's the thing, he wasn't a success at Anderlecht. So it is doubtful if anyone thought he was a good candidate. Now he has temporary success at Burnley, and has done a very good job, but he has to show it over time. He hasn't done anything that Daniel Farke hasn't done - he's actually done far less.

Someone who doesnt believe in expected defeats and has a plan to win every game. Yes, winning every game is not an option where we are now but a plan at least. A manager who can inspire our players to play a high tempo and buy into them and the team playing for each other.

I honestly dont hate our players like some, I think theyre alright for the most part, we're lacking a bit up front but we've had no leadership at manager level since Ancelloti and Moyes before him.

Because Potter has proven himself to be a top quality manager, whereas Lampard hasn't proven anything, other than being capable of taking a more than decent enough squad from 16th to 16th last season, and in line to be relegation this season. You'd have to be off your head for wanting Lampard over Potter.
How has Potter proved himself. Done nothing

Because Potter has proven himself to be a top quality manager, whereas Lampard hasn't proven anything, other than being capable of taking a more than decent enough squad from 16th to 16th last season, and in line to be relegation this season. You'd have to be off your head for wanting Lampard over Potter.

I mean devils advocate a little here mate, but Potter took a Brighton team from 16th to 16th to 16th and then to about 10th.

He now has Chelsea in 10th.

Lampard got Chelsea to 3rd.

Are their records so dissimilar.

Full disclosure, I would swap Lampard for Potter, but it's more a devils advocate line of questioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back