Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads, I've truly supported Lampard from the off, yep knew he had a stiff task ahead but I'd have hoped he'd get 2 full seasons to get himself fully up and running and build a team.
The board does truly stink as we all know but I'm now seriously doubting he(Lampard) is the guy for us.

It's becoming clear his decision making is atrocious and in game management zero. It makes you wonder why we're paying millions for his big name back room staff, don't they speak or offer suggestions, are they all as clueless?

Today was a black day and no other manager would keep his job after this, and sadly I'm now resigned to him being gone this weekend, I'll be sad but relieved also when it happens.

Who do we get in? I've not a clue now, we've done the big name appointments, the younger manager thing and a host of other gambles, maybe sacking Sam was a mistake because he only finished 8th, I don't know.

I still think we have a half decent squad and I'm baffled how we can look top 6 against City then league 2 languishers against other relegation rivals, it doesn't gel.

I want the next manager whoever it is to be not so pally with the players, I'd like to seem him experiment, mix things up, give Vinagre a go, instill confidence in Keane again as no matter how much he's vilified he'd do better than what we have now when on form and confident.

I'd like to see him pull the likes of Lewin to one side after a game to ask him what he's grinning about when a chance goes begging, show some respect you muppet..

Maybe Dyche fits this bill?, gobsmacked I'm even saying this but things are so dire now I'd take him.

For what it's worth I am certain we'll stay up, a decent window now is critical though, along with a whole new dressing room attitude.

COYB.
Him gone it would be like opening all the windows at once. Some fresh air at least. Now get rid of Iwobi, Gordon and Bambi.

The main reason he’s still here is we are broke .. tough going to find a manager when we can’t spend , the squad is not good enough and in deep trouble. Never have we been in such a bad place … need some positive news and very soon !

I think at this point anyone who is a proven manager at this level would be a big improvement. Not even a particularly good manager. Just one who shouldn’t have imposter syndrome when writing ‘premier league manager’ on their CV.

I wanted it to work for Frank as I like him as a bloke but at this point we need someone who can get something out of what we have. And I know what we have isn’t much, but while you can’t expect anyone to paint a masterpiece with a pack of crayola, you can expect them to at least put the crayons onto some paper and not up their nose.

If players are not signing new contracts (pickford/iwobi) and we are not signing new players, then we are either very much in trouble with FFP or he (moshiri) wont sanction anything until a new manager is in place.

If this is the case, then its a terrible way to gamble with our survival and another reason this board are inept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back