Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
KT here you are.

I think there is a chance we could go for Nuno. The owner and board are currently MIA so the next in command is thelwell, and given their past at wolves could make sense. I don’t know where he is now Middle East somewhere? But I don’t even think we’re even planning on sacking lampard, absolute nothing from journalists about him going.

Whoever it is has a massive job. Squad is dreadful and confidence will be low.

I think our full backs are dreadful and would just stick Holgate and Godfrey in there like ancelotti used to do - at least we’d have some physicality and height there. Mina has to play if he’s fit too with tarkowski.

We aren’t getting many new players in so I’d be tempted to go the good old 4 4 2 with DCL and maupay up top - at least together they’d have some support.

Then a midfield four of grey gana Onana Iwobi.

God it looks grim written down…have to fight to get anything from here on out. Backs against the wall stuff needed.

I think our full backs are dreadful and would just stick Holgate and Godfrey in there like ancelotti used to do - at least we’d have some physicality and height there. Mina has to play if he’s fit too with tarkowski.

We aren’t getting many new players in so I’d be tempted to go the good old 4 4 2 with Dominic Calvert-Lewin and maupay up top - at least together they’d have some support.

God it looks grim written down…have to fight to get anything from here on out. Backs against the wall stuff needed.
Like this?

Pickford

Holgate Mina Tarkowski Godfrey

Iwobi Gana Onana Gray

Maupay Calvert-Lewin

Like this?

Pickford

Holgate Mina Tarkowski Godfrey

Iwobi Gana Onana Gray

Maupay Calvert-Lewin
Desperate times. But honestly think that’s our best option to get some points on the board. I really think our full backs have been awful - and a lone striker isn’t helping anyone.

I think many of you are underestimating how desperate these top level european managers are to manage in the Premeir league. Thats where all the money and big payoffs are. All the teams from 7th to 20th are much of a muchness and they dont really care who it is as long as they get their foot in the door. And we have shown that we are willing to shower money to every tom [Poor language removed] and harry. Trust me Tuchel or Poch are not out of reach, just wave a few dollar signs that is all

Mad that Villa, Wolves and Brighton can bring in good managers like Emery, Lopetegui, and De Zerbi, yet we seem to be reduced to only considering ex PL has beens. Something is seriously wrong with the football networking at the club, witnessed by Moshiri picking Lampard because someone scrawled his name on the wall outside GP. Desperate stuff which sums up the current board to a tee.

We aren’t getting many new players in so I’d be tempted to go the good old 4 4 2 with Dominic Calvert-Lewin and maupay up top - at least together they’d have some support.

Watched a bit of the brighton highlights later on. So slick. Passing and movement had liverpool all over the place. Calvert lewin is a problem for me. He doesnt drag defenders out of position like i watched brighton do. And tbh quite a few other teams. But the same can be said of our midfield. Theres very little running into space to be picked out with a pass. But then im not even convinced they will make a decent contribution with the ball even if they did. I could go on for days talking about our problems. But the front movement at Everton in so so poor.

Mad that Villa, Wolves and Brighton can bring in good managers like Emery, Lopetegui, and De Zerbi, yet we seem to be reduced to only considering ex PL has beens. Something is seriously wrong with the football networking at the club, witnessed by Moshiri picking Lampard because someone scrawled his name on the wall outside GP. Desperate stuff which sums up the current board to a tee.

You just know nobody at this club had any vision to get de zerbi. Probably never even heard of him.

Our managerial replacement options are going to be severely restricted due to us leaving it so late, and it’s also looking like we have owners that have literally bailed on the club, so there is no money available to spend AT ALL.

I think we’d be very lucky to get Dyche and I’m starting to think that Lampard won’t get the sack whatever happens. You need an owner to authorise the sacking of a manager and we don’t have one. Our real owner is in hiding from the worldwide authorities and our fake owner is nowhere to be seen!

Needs to be someone who's experienced at this end of the table. Dyce is the sensible choice tbh. As miserable as that is, it's logical. My my my, ancelotti and James Rodrigues at the club less than 2 years ago. Strategy is WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back