Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many of you are underestimating how desperate these top level european managers are to manage in the Premeir league. Thats where all the money and big payoffs are. All the teams from 7th to 20th are much of a muchness and they dont really care who it is as long as they get their foot in the door. And we have shown that we are willing to shower money to every tom [Poor language removed] and harry. Trust me Tuchel or Poch are not out of reach, just wave a few dollar signs that is all
Excatly does my head in Rooney dyche moyes ye just know this will be the short list for our board same as last season although I liked lampard he had done nothing to show he was good enough for a job like this, even though we look doomed there’s still half a season left to go

Sean Dyche would be the absolute most pessimistic appointment we have ever made. Basically resigning ourselves to relegation battles and terrible football. Only made it to the fifth round twice in the FA cup and never made it past the 4th in the league cup in 10 years. A proper throwing in the towel appointment
I have always thought Dyche could do a job at a bigger club and had more about him than just keeping a club up. That said I don't know if we should be the proving ground for such an experiment.

Is he worse than Walker now? It certainly feels like it
He is certainly up (down?) there.

The main difference is that at the time I felt the players were not buying into whatever Walker was trying to do at the time. With Lampard I feel that the players do buy into him but they are just crap.

Well in theory it shouldn't matter who the manager is in relation to the transfer window - thats why we have a DOF, it should be his job to identify the players and make the signings. And in terms of the table, the bottom 7 are separated by only 2 points so I think the board/Moshiri will feel they don't need to rush on a manager just yet; hence they can hold out for Moyes if thats who they want.
Moyes would be a bad idea. I remember when he was manager people saying he had to go. Nothing has changed.

I have always thought Dyche could do a job at a bigger club and had more about him than just keeping a club up. That said I don't know if we should be the proving ground for such an experiment.
If a manager has 10 years at a club and does basically nothing to try and reinvent it until his final season where he ends up getting relegated (and his successor looks like he's doing a much better job) then that's massive cause for concern. But at this point I'd have even him over Lampard every day of the week.

They might buy into him as a person but there is nothing to buy into tactically, he's awful.
Yeah we are just a big load of nothing. I have no idea what we are or what we are trying to be.

I keep seeing people saying "he can't football his way out of it" I want to know what these people are seeing! We have not "footballed" for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back