Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bielsa would be enjoyable but a bit mental

Early in his managerial career, Newell’s were thrashed 6-0 by San Lorenzo in the Copa Libertadores, South America’s answer to the Champions Leagues. That night, a gang of 20 incensed ultras turned up at Bielsa’s home, demanding he come out to face them...

When he emerged at the door, he did so clutching a grenade. “If you don’t leave,” he said, “I will pull the pin.” It was this incident that popularised a nickname for Bielsa: ‘El Loco’ (The Crazy One or Mad Man)

You know, he might just work.

No to Dyche, his record is as bad as Lampard. Granted he was managing the team with the lowest budget in the league, but it would be such a negative appointment.

We need an experienced manager who can get this rabble organised and playing with a clear plan and a bit of belief.

Ram your Ferguson shouts too, we need a manager who can steady the ship.

Over 10 years at burnley he lost 1 in 3 games with a 3 million net spend per season.

If he did the same with us currenty we would be safe.

Not saying he is the answer but he is not as bad as some make out.
People can say the same about Moyes when he was with us, the game has changed so much now, hence why the West Ham fans want Moyes gone.

Dyche is an old fashioned manager with old fashioned ideas and got found out at this level, it’s why he has no job now along with fat Sam

Ange Postecoglu would be great
Celtic are my other team and I'm a big fan of Ange but I worry his style is really only suited to being a dominant, superior team. The Champs League performances suggested there isn't another gear to grind against superior sides.

That said, the football would hopefully be fun, and we'd be cracking under him in the Championship- and he's helped unearth some real bargain players should we go down and have to sell our bigger names and replace them on the cheap. But I fear we would probably be in the Championship.

Stats differ on Nuno Espirito Santo between Wiki and Transfermarkt but this graphic illustrates the point, Nuno has never had a win percentage less than 40%, 47% in England. Lampard currently has 29%...........

1673821517305.webp

Celtic are my other team and I'm a big fan of Ange but I worry his style is really only suited to being a dominant, superior team. The Champs League performances suggested there isn't another gear to grind against superior sides.

That said, the football would hopefully be fun, and we'd be cracking under him in the Championship- and he's helped unearth some real bargain players should we go down and have to sell our bigger names and replace them on the cheap. But I fear we would probably be in the Championship.
I`m a fan of Ange, although he has an attacking mentality his teams are fairly solid.... brought over some good players we`ve never heard of for small fees....

I hear you re Champions League sides, but there is a gulf between the SPL and CL.

I hope they don't keep him for another game. It's just delaying the inevitable.

The idea that we just have to accept players aren't good enough + no-one could pick up more points with squad is fatalistic.

If there's nothing he can do tactically to pick up points, there's no point in having manager + coaching staff. Let Mark Higgins do it when he's not in one of the lounges.

Maybe there's no manager who can get us out of the death spiral, but we've got to try + find someone more tactically equipped to make a fight of it.

coz some of our fans flap and think him or someone else can do a miracle
No flapping, just realising that we have nothing to lose by appointing him - we’re down with Lampard even if we get a few loans in, so may as well pick someone with history of avoiding relegation against the odds (with the exception of last year) and having a history of being able to bring a team back up. All Lampard could do is muster a sixth place finish with a couple of Chelsea starlets in his team. Action is needed and needed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back