Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's one of the only ones with experience in the situation the team are in, though.

Arguably did a fine job at Burnley, with faff all money. Recall it was getting into Europe that did them in, as they didn't have a big enough squad to cope with the games
Appointing Dyche would be prime Everton.
Troubled Wolves appoint Lopetegui.
Troubled Villa appoint Emery.
Troubled Everton appoint twice relegated Dyche .
Because he has experience of being relegated presumably.

Thats why the fans shouldnt be trusted.... cant believe people want to replace Lampard with a manager who is no better....
I think that is a bold claim. Firstly, if you use relevant comparisons, Dyche has largely performed well above expectations, and over a long period of time. Lampard is nowhere near.

Second, Dyche would never have been a choice if there were other more realistic choices. We can talk about Pochettino, Tuchel, etc, but these are not guys who do charity work. They must be well paid, must have an enormous budget, and the club must be well run and with great ambitions. We have neither.

Then you have obscurities like Angelos P, who has experience from Australia and Japan, and now Scotland. He is almost 60 years old, and this is his background of experience. This can hardly be compared to the experience of Dyche. Then we might as well go for Kjetil Knutsen (Bodø Glimt), who had no problems beating Celtic.

Third, he knows the PL well, he is used to working with players who are limited, and under small budgets. He usually gets the most out of his teams. In addition, he also has experience in the Championship, because the chances of us ending up there increase with each passing day.

Dyche is not very progressive, but he can set up a team that is well organized and that is rarely caught off balance. Maybe it can give us enough points to stay in the PL, who knows? The risk of hiring a more progressive and inexperienced manager will be that it will take longer to implement a new style of play (time is something we don't have), we also don't know how the manager will fare tactically against the world's best managers, and how he will cope with the pressure that comes with PL.

Right now I think Dyche is a very good candidate. But do you have any better, and realistic, spit them out?

Appointing Dyche would be prime Everton.
Troubled Wolves appoint Lopetegui.
Troubled Villa appoint Emery.
Troubled Everton appoint twice relegated Dyche .
Because he has experience of being relegated presumably.
Do you think Emery would come here, in the current state Everton are in? Aston Villa have money and a project to offer. Partly the same can be said about Lopetegui and Wolves. At least they have a direction. These are not desperate managers, but managers seeking the right projects that can advance their careers.

I think that is a bold claim. Firstly, if you use relevant comparisons, Dyche has largely performed well above expectations, and over a long period of time. Lampard is nowhere near.

Second, Dyche would never have been a choice if there were other more realistic choices. We can talk about Pochettino, Tuchel, etc, but these are not guys who do charity work. They must be well paid, must have an enormous budget, and the club must be well run and with great ambitions. We have neither.

Then you have obscurities like Angelos P, who has experience from Australia and Japan, and now Scotland. He is almost 60 years old, and this is his background of experience. This can hardly be compared to the experience of Dyche. Then we might as well go for Kjetil Knutsen (Bodø Glimt), who had no problems beating Celtic.

Third, he knows the PL well, he is used to working with players who are limited, and under small budgets. He usually gets the most out of his teams. In addition, he also has experience in the Championship, because the chances of us ending up there increase with each passing day.

Dyche is not very progressive, but he can set up a team that is well organized and that is rarely caught off balance. Maybe it can give us enough points to stay in the PL, who knows? The risk of hiring a more progressive and inexperienced manager will be that it will take longer to implement a new style of play (time is something we don't have), we also don't know how the manager will fare tactically against the world's best managers, and how he will cope with the pressure that comes with PL.

Right now I think Dyche is a very good candidate. But do you have any better, and realistic, spit them out?
Looking at the list of potential candidates we wouldn`t go far wrong appointing Nuno Espirito Santo, never had a win percentage less than 40% which was Rio Ave, in the PL his win percentage is 47%... higher ceiling than Dyche and less likely to be sacked in 12 months.

Looking at the list of potential candidates we wouldn`t go far wrong appointing Nuno Espirito Santo, never had a win percentage less than 40% which was Rio Ave, in the PL his win percentage is 47%... higher ceiling than Dyche and less likely to be sacked in 12 months.
I don't disagree that he can be a candidate, but I definitely think Dyche is also a good candidate. Win percentage doesn't say very much if you see it in a context. Nuno's Wolves teams are of a completely different caliber to Dyche's Burnley team.

You can’t argue with any of your points you raised. Out of that list I picked dyche. Poch and tuchel won’t come. Honestly I do think it will be dyche and if not will be nuno. Unless they go for a foreign manager but highly unlikely with this club. Think we have the right tools to play the way dyche would want. He has better players than he ever had at Burnley. If he can get a tune out of them could be the difference. It’s not who I would want but we are desperate at this present moment.

I don't disagree that he can be a candidate, but I definitely think Dyche is also a good candidate. Win percentage doesn't say very much if you see it in a context. Nuno's Wolves teams are of a completely different caliber to Dyche's Burnley team.
Pros and cons to both, but I do think things are aligning with Thelwell who Nuno worked with at Wolves along with Coady and Vinagre....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back