Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't disagree that he can be a candidate, but I definitely think Dyche is also a good candidate. Win percentage doesn't say very much if you see it in a context. Nuno's Wolves teams are of a completely different caliber to Dyche's Burnley team.
Nuno quietly got with things for a while at Wolves, with realistic expectations, but proper soiled his bed when he stepped in the pressure of that massive shiny stadium with UCL qualification expected. That’s nothing to what would await him here. All the posh cars at FF drenched in fan-spit.

Dyche has become a bit of a joke over the years, mainly because of his voice, humour, and bluntness, but he did really well to sustain that god-awful team in the PL again and again. That club had empty seats behind the goal at games that if they’d won they’d have stayed up. He and his staff certainly got very average players grinding results again and again for years, probably at the lowest salaries in the division, and in a town that didn’t really give a toss either way.

We could turn our nose up at him but would not surprise me if Dyche politely declined. He would destroy the credit he has in football circles if he failed here.

I think we need someone out of work at the moment who will jump at the opportunity to manage a club in the Premier League. I would go for Jose Bordelas who has over 20 years coaching experience, got Alaves and Getafe promoted nearly getting them in to the Champions League. He was only sacked by Valencia because the owner is a nutter.
His style is similar to Simeone, he plays a 442 they aren't too bothered about possession and play direct to a big centre forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back