Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only one on the list that would both consider us and be a good hire potentially is Postecoglou. And I'm still pretty dubious on that. Winning in Scotland with Celtic/Rangers is just not going to prepare you for the PL at Everton.

The rest are just another step toward relegation.

Nuno quietly got with things for a while at Wolves, with realistic expectations, but proper soiled his bed when he stepped in the pressure of that massive shiny stadium with UCL qualification expected. That’s nothing to what would await him here. All the posh cars at FF drenched in fan-spit.

Dyche has become a bit of a joke over the years, mainly because of his voice, humour, and bluntness, but he did really well to sustain that god-awful team in the PL again and again. That club had empty seats behind the goal at games that if they’d won they’d have stayed up. He and his staff certainly got very average players grinding results again and again for years, probably at the lowest salaries in the division, and in a town that didn’t really give a toss either way.

We could turn our nose up at him but would not surprise me if Dyche politely declined. He would destroy the credit he has in football circles if he failed here.

Vincent Kompany showing up this argument

You know what - Get Tim Cahill in as manager.

As much as I thought he was overrated as a player I'd actually love now to.see him as manager. Him or Duncan.

Nuno quietly got with things for a while at Wolves, with realistic expectations, but proper soiled his bed when he stepped in the pressure of that massive shiny stadium with UCL qualification expected. That’s nothing to what would await him here. All the posh cars at FF drenched in fan-spit.

Dyche has become a bit of a joke over the years, mainly because of his voice, humour, and bluntness, but he did really well to sustain that god-awful team in the PL again and again. That club had empty seats behind the goal at games that if they’d won they’d have stayed up. He and his staff certainly got very average players grinding results again and again for years, probably at the lowest salaries in the division, and in a town that didn’t really give a toss either way.

We could turn our nose up at him but would not surprise me if Dyche politely declined. He would destroy the credit he has in football circles if he failed here.
Dyche stock goes up as an ex Everton manager. It’s not like he had a glittering career - it’s the biggest club he’d have been associated with and the heights salary of his career

Hmmmm *strokes chin*

Given your history of rating players and lack of attendance at matches I take.your comments with a pinch of salt. Chill was a scrapper. Limited and effective but it's telling he was never once linked with another club for the very reason his basic all-round style would never have worked at a higher level. I've met him several times and think he's a.lovely man but he was nowhere near an elite player nor one of our greats as is sometimes said on here.

Given your history of rating players and lack of attendance at matches I take.your comments with a pinch of salt. Chill was a scrapper. Limited and effective but it's telling he was never once linked with another club for the very reason his basic all-round style would never have worked at a higher level. I've met him several times and think he's a.lovely man but he was nowhere near an elite player nor one of our greats as is sometimes said on here.

I don’t think anyone, ever, referred to him as an elite player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back