Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes achieved nothing here.
Post war managers who achieved something at Everton are as follows, Catterick, Kendall and Royle.
Considering Moyes some sort of success during his decade here is part of the reason we are where we are now.
In point of fact Moyes has achieved next to nothing of substance in his entire career let alone here.
Achievements in football are represented by trophies everything else is a degree of failure.
Especially at Everton Football Club.
That's a weird way of looking at things. He was as successful as he could be on a relative basis.

Do we go for a manager who will have a chance of keeping us up, but not going to be here if he fails(with this team, even a world class manager may not keep us up) or do we go for a manager, who may keep up but if he doesn't we trust to build for the future?

If

I’d back Moyes to keep us up on a short term deal. He’d sort out set pieces in both boxes and play a pragmatic style that would suit what we had. Weirdly I could see him getting a tune out of McNeil Onana Dominic Calvert-Lewin Mykolenko etc.
If we were to be relegated, it would be really strange to look back and say we sacked a manager because we were in the relegation zone, and thought we could save ourselves by appointing a new manager who was sacked because he was also in the relegation zone!!

I think Lampard will be here for West Ham,Arsenal and the RS regardless of the results,to me any change if it happens will occur after those games,I mean what boss in their right mind comes into us to face Arsenal then them, certainly wouldn't be a short term new manager "bounce"!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back