Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's the wrong manager for the here and now. His appointment should have happened 3 or 4 years ago when most laughed at the idea of wanting him back and saying we should never get him back.

Yet now they want him back at a time when he Is probably not going to have the hunger he had back then and will be mentally drained from a very tough season at West ham.

The fans like to put the blame game on the board but some need to take some responsibility for their own actions. Because they didn't want moyes just before he took West ham to Europe 2 seasons in a row. They wanted rid of allardyce. In fact everyone was happy with all appointments and sackings by moshiri and now they blame him for the issues at the club?

It is ultimately the board's job and responsibility to make tough decisions in the face of fan pressure. Their responsibility is to make the right decision, not the popular one. If Moyes was the right decision 3 or 4 years ago (as you suggest), he should have been hired regardless of what the fans said. The fact that they didn't is on them, not the fans. If they actually had a functioning setup, maybe they would have came to the conclusion that he was the the right manager 3-4 years ago and hired him, because they would have had the confidence in their decision making to back it regardless of fan opinion. They are capable of making unpopular decisions (Benitez) just not the right decisions. That's the problem.

In terms of Moyes I'd say most people aren't 'wanting him back' in the sense they are clamouring for his return, it's more a case of it becoming apparent that the shortlist consists of Moyes, Dyche, or keeping Lampard. If a credible story linked us with a bigger name I'm sure the tide would quickly turn. Now if they appoint Moyes purely on the basis of fans suggesting it because they'd rather him than Dyche and it goes wrong, that won't be the responsibility of the fans either.

So did Tony Pulis. And his achievements are nowhere near what Moyes did here.
You can’t compare Pulis’ time at Stoke with what Dyche did at Burnley. You really do need to take into account the relative budget available to Dyche, in his 10 years at Burnley his TOTAL net spend was £76million! Not only does that mean he bought wisely it also means he got decent fees when players left - imagine?

Agree and the players don't look like they know what they are supposed to be doing and are bereft in confidence. They keep saying how nice Frank is maybe he is nice but maybe they need someone who is clear in their instructions who won't put up with half hearted limp displays we have seen.
Can imagine them putting an arm around him in the dressing room while he’s sobbing. “We’re sorry Frank, promise we’ll try harder next week. It’s all going to be OK you’ll see”. All the players looking around the room slightly embarrassed by the spectacle before them.

I think he's the wrong manager for the here and now. His appointment should have happened 3 or 4 years ago when most laughed at the idea of wanting him back and saying we should never get him back.

Yet now they want him back at a time when he Is probably not going to have the hunger he had back then and will be mentally drained from a very tough season at West ham.

The fans like to put the blame game on the board but some need to take some responsibility for their own actions. Because they didn't want moyes just before he took West ham to Europe 2 seasons in a row. They wanted rid of allardyce. In fact everyone was happy with all appointments and sackings by moshiri and now they blame him for the issues at the club?
I don’t think that is true. I imagine if you look far enough back then you will find most people wanted Emery when we hired Koeman, very few people wanted to chance Silva after his time at Watford, the allardyce and Benitez appointments were extremely unpopular.

Carlo is probably the exception to this.

Moshiri and the board have consistently taken the easy “PL experience” route… not the fans.

We are now in the realm of looking at not only who would keep us up, but looking at who would be best place to get us back out of the championship. Dyche has promoted Burnley a couple of times. Bielsa got Leeds up after such a long time out of the top flight. Moyes has lots of championship experience and had Preston in the playoff final a couple of times (although that was a while ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back