Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does one expect a new manager bounce when the sacked manager hadn't lost the support of the players?
Not sure that even matters in our case mate. When you have only won 3 out 19 games, you have obviously been managed really poorly and so a new Manager would only need to manage them better than they have been to get an improvement. Any experienced manager would likely achieve that.

We’ve tried practically all of the stereotypical types of football managers since Moyes left.

- The up and coming young foreign manager (Martinez / Silva)
- The slightly more experienced foreign ex-playing legend manager (Koeman)
- The typical British survival expert manager (Allardyce)
- The legit world-class manager (Ancelotti)
- The horrific ageing dinosaur manager (Benitez)
- The inexperienced English ex-playing legend manager (Lampard)

I think if / when Lampard goes, the board will throw a desperate Hail Mary in the sheer hope it somehow pays off.

I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be Rooney, with his Evertonian supporting Derby and DC United #2 Pete Shuttleworth as his assistant, and Ferguson back as a coach.

Does one expect a new manager bounce when the sacked manager hadn't lost the support of the players?
We need a change of tactics and approach. Our results would be slightly better if we had a more tactically astute manager IMO. We look like we don’t know what we’re doing half the time and in game substitutions and tactical changes are awful. The players do seem to like him and still playing for him but we need a change of something because at the minute we don’t look like winning a game.

We’ve tried practically all of the stereotypical types of football managers since Moyes left.

I think if / when Lampard goes, the board will throw a desperate Hail Mary in the sheer hope it somehow pays off.

I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be Rooney, with his Evertonian supporting Derby and DC United #2 Pete Shuttleworth as his assistant, and Ferguson back as a coach.
I can see Dyche and only Dyche unfortunately.

But it's a measure of how far my faith in Lampard has sunk that I'd take Dyche over Frank.

FL just seems to have no idea right now of the enormity of every loss. He's either punch drunk or doesn't give a flying one.

I can see Dyche and only Dyche unfortunately.

But it's a measure of how far my faith in Lampard has sunk that I'd take Dyche over Frank.

FL just seems to have no idea right now of the enormity of every loss. He's either punch drunk or doesn't give a flying one.
Agree and the players don't look like they know what they are supposed to be doing and are bereft in confidence. They keep saying how nice Frank is maybe he is nice but maybe they need someone who is clear in their instructions who won't put up with half hearted limp displays we have seen.

Seeing loads on twitter calling for Moyes and I'm genuinely surprised, for those who'd have him back, why?

While I appreciate the job he did for us, I also remember his limitations very well, for me the game is evolving too fast for him and passing him by, its absurd where he has hammers this season given the money he's spent and the momentum off the last 2 years - not what we need, also maybe it's me showing my age but it's hard to forgive and forget how bad he dragged us when he went to utd.

Furthermore we've got enough competent personnel in defence for any half decent manager to work with, we don't need a Moyes style "will get the defence organised" seige expert type of guy, we need to start creating chances and scoring.

No one is wrong or right here btw but why do fans want him back?

Don't worry. Old Bilbo will be there sat, with his 'Hail Mary' and a wrinkled up contract burning a hole in his Bumbag !!

Seeing loads on twitter calling for Moyes and I'm genuinely surprised, for those who'd have him back, why?

While I appreciate the job he did for us, I also remember his limitations very well, for me the game is evolving too fast for him and passing him by, its absurd where he has hammers this season given the money he's spent and the momentum off the last 2 years - not what we need, also maybe it's me showing my age but it's hard to forgive and forget how bad he dragged us when he went to utd.

Furthermore we've got enough competent personnel in defence for any half decent manager to work with, we don't need a Moyes style "will get the defence organised" seige expert type of guy, we need to start creating chances and scoring.

No one is wrong or right here btw but why do fans want him back?
I think he's the wrong manager for the here and now. His appointment should have happened 3 or 4 years ago when most laughed at the idea of wanting him back and saying we should never get him back.

Yet now they want him back at a time when he Is probably not going to have the hunger he had back then and will be mentally drained from a very tough season at West ham.

The fans like to put the blame game on the board but some need to take some responsibility for their own actions. Because they didn't want moyes just before he took West ham to Europe 2 seasons in a row. They wanted rid of allardyce. In fact everyone was happy with all appointments and sackings by moshiri and now they blame him for the issues at the club?

I think he's the wrong manager for the here and now. His appointment should have happened 3 or 4 years ago when most laughed at the idea of wanting him back and saying we should never get him back.

Yet now they want him back at a time when he Is probably not going to have the hunger he had back then and will be mentally drained from a very tough season at West ham.

The fans like to put the blame game on the board but some need to take some responsibility for their own actions. Because they didn't want moyes just before he took West ham to Europe 2 seasons in a row. They wanted rid of allardyce. In fact everyone was happy with all appointments and sackings by moshiri and now they blame him for the issues at the club?
Happy with Benitez? Only a few were happy with him and arguably his appointment started the slide he gutted the team of creativity . Also while an owner /club should take fans views into account they should not make decisions based on them that screams weakness and no ability to pick a manager to fit an identity.

Won't be popular but I fully agree, there's a (section) of the fans that have strangelled the life out of all our recent managers and called for their heads prematurely, seems no one is allowed any time, every 12 months or so that we sack a manager we're in a slightly worse position than the time before, personally and just for example I'd of given Allardyce the following season after keeping us up.

That being said, a competent senior management team wouldn't of sanctioned most of the recruitment we did in Moshiris first years, a competent board would never of signed off on Benitez, there's an endless list of errors attributed to the hierarchy. We're just in bad shape throughout.

Happy with Benitez? Only a few were happy with him and arguably his appointment started the slide he gutted the team of creativity . Also while an owner /club should take fans views into account they should not make decisions based on them that screams weakness and no ability to pick a manager to fit an identity.
He is the exception yes. Had he not had links to Liverpool however he would have been the standout obvious candidate given his credentials. However the board definitely should have swerved his appointment given how toxic it became, perhaps they were poorly advised on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back