Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s your choice then genius?

I wonder what he's up to nowadays.

mobileok.jpg

Who’s your choice then genius?
I am not a genius, but I am old school were I don't settle for anything but the best, I want a team to fight and not bend over like they do now, it's 11 players v 11 players out there, one thing that shouldn't have happened today is we got beat, we should not have got beat against a very poor West Ham team, we did not do enough to win but we definitely should not lose, that was pathetic today.

My choice is Vincent Kompany who has Burnley playing a completely different way and are head and shoulders above teams in the Championship, he has a good background of working with Pep who is the best coach in Europe.

Watched MOTD and they highlighted the lack of goals scored in previous seasons by the players we currently have. Let's face it there's no chance of getting a goalscoring striker in this transfer window. So knowing the lack of goals in the squad and the players we have we must surely consider what type of manager we get in.
Do we get a functional manager who plays a long ball game, limits space in midfield, plays a low block restricting chances to the opposition? That would be a Sam Allardyce , Sean Dyche type manager. Those managers need quality delivery from wide positions and set pieces to get any goals because they don't know how to coach players to play through the lines and wouldn't allow their players to do that anyway as it would break their team shape. But we don't have any players who can deliver great crosses or free kicks, corners. So if we haven't got the players to suit that style then we simply won't score enough goals to stay up. If they take a chance on a manager who plays a progressive style (Bielsa, Postecoglu) then the players may be inspired and we may score enough goals to give us a chance of staying up. I suspect the board won't do that and will take the easy option by appointing Dyche. Hope I'm wrong.

Some shouts on here are absolutely shocking, what has happened to Everton football club?
That the fans are wanting managers like Dyche Santo Moyes.

There are more managers out there than these clowns, have some F£%÷&n ambition
There’s a difference between who we might want as a manager and who the club hierarchy, with their disturbing lack of imagination, will shortlist.

Dyche or Moyes would go back to basics

Nuno Santo would likely get us playing on the front foot, and may likely actually use Vinagre

A non PL experienced manager with different ideas might be a gamble but work like Lopetegui seems to be at Wolves so far
What Nuno did at Wolves was remarkable. Inside 60 days he had them beating Leicester in a friendly playing a completely new brand of football. He then had four great seasons with promotion, two 7th placed finishes and a 10th. Then covid came along, he missed his family, was stuck in Wolves and then they finished 12th. He had a vision, he had a Board that backed him and he delivered European football. He wouldn't be allowed to do what he did at Wolves here so wouldn't take the job.

He had Spurs top of the Prem after 3 games and they sacked him after 10. How crazy is that?
And some people don't think he's better than what we've got.

I am not a genius, but I am old school were I don't settle for anything but the best, I want a team to fight and not bend over like they do now, it's 11 players v 11 players out there, one thing that shouldn't have happened today is we got beat, we should not have got beat against a very poor West Ham team, we did not do enough to win but we definitely should not lose, that was pathetic today.

My choice is Vincent Kompany who has Burnley playing a completely different way and are head and shoulders above teams in the Championship, he has a good background of working with Pep who is the best coach in Europe.
Kompany would be a good get, but I'm not sure he'd be at all interested. As it stands he's more likely to be PL manager next season staying where he is, that's the sorry truth. Plus Burnley wouldn't make it easy for us, and we are too skint to pay big compensation.

What Nuno did at Wolves was remarkable. Inside 60 days he had them beating Leicester in a friendly playing a completely new brand of football. He then had four great seasons with promotion, two 7th placed finishes and a 10th. Then covid came along, he missed his family, was stuck in Wolves and then they finished 12th. He had a vision, he had a Board that backed him and he delivered European football. He wouldn't be allowed to do what he did at Wolves here so wouldn't take the job.

He had Spurs top of the Prem after 3 games and they sacked him after 10. How crazy is that?
And some people don't think he's better than what we've got.
Nuno is a very credible choice with a good track record, think his reputation has taken an unfair hit from a bad run of results with a Spurs side that's proven patchy at best under manager after manager.

I hope they try to be ambitious and go for someone like Gallardo or Poch. Sell it to them as a project, bring through young players like Mills, Price and Welch looking to build something at the back end of this season ready for next- whatever league we’re in.
In reality we’ll end up with Dyche or Rooney and we’ll be looking for a new manager again in October when everyone is fed up off ineffective hoof ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.