Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at all - it's too late now anyway but pragmatism friend.

I've said openly Dyche is the only person I can think of, and I've given my reasons why.

I don't care who you say, I'm not expecting you to convince me - who cares? my point is if you can't name any plausible alternatives, then your criticism of "The board going with Dyche would be unforgivable" etc loses validity.
Raw "pragmatism" is exactly what we're currently doing. I have to put pragmatism in quotes because that's the word people have come up with for being hyper conservative and risk adverse. It's not actually sensible to try and win games without scoring goals but it is conservative because you tend to avoid being utterly whalloped so sometimes you might get lucky. Whoever framed playing this way as being grounded in what's necessary when scoring goals is absolutely necessary to winning and this style massively prohibits that ability is an absolute genius at marketing themselves.

Anyway to toss some names out: Kjetil Knutsen, Adi Hutter, Urs Fischer, Jose Bordalas, Bruno Genesio.

Basically just want guys who take over a club and leave it better than when they started. Guys with real tactical knowledge. Guys who haven't been to the PL. Will any come here? No idea. Would any keep us up? Impossible to say. Do I think we'd be a better team in January 2025? Absolutely. It's all that matters. We can control getting better and running the club right. What happens from there happens. If you try to chase results you are going to end up down and struggling to ever come back up because you cannot control the small moments that will change your fortune either way when you're always playing on a knife edge. We have to get away from that spot.

I'm with you on that. We've got to start teaching our history to new recruits, get them onside and get them grateful for where they are. If they know they're playing for a giant of the game perhaps they'll perform better
No one cares about history. They can't play in the champions league because we won the title in 1891. They don't get a medal because we won the FA cup in 1906. How many of our players were even alive when we last won a trophy??

This big club nonsense is what's held us back. It's part of the reason why we look nailed on to go down. Instead of modernising to compete with the best we felt that our history gave us a right to sit at the top table. It doesn't.

No one cares about history. They can't play in the champions league because we won the title in 1891. They don't get a medal because we won the FA cup in 1906. How many of our players were even alive when we last won a trophy??

This big club nonsense is what's held us back. It's part of the reason why we look nailed on to go down. Instead of modernising to compete with the best we felt that our history gave us a right to sit at the top table. It doesn't.
We definitely need to modernise I agree, but the fact we are a big club isn't nonsense. Players and managers care about their reputations. Not enough players know that there's going to be a show when the Everton boys are there, and think we're just another run of the mill team like Southampton, Leeds, Villa, Bournemouth etc.

Part of the reason we are nailed on to go down is due to woeful recruitment and poor managers, not because some fans like to remember that we're a big club.

The only drivers are really money, development and the status of the club. And honestly that last part is pretty closely tied into money anyway. Our path is by being a side that pays well enough and makes players better. That's the only way. We can't pay more than 7 clubs now and we can't offer higher status as a result. The development part is our ticket to the dance. Get the good players in young and make them better.

The only drivers are really money, development and the status of the club. And honestly that last part is pretty closely tied into money anyway. Our path is by being a side that pays well enough and makes players better. That's the only way. We can't pay more than 7 clubs now and we can't offer higher status as a result. The development part is our ticket to the dance. Get the good players in young and make them better.
And that's it. Paying good money gets you players on the way down. Being a stepping stone to a club that can win trophies is our best hope. Young players with potential don't care what we've won, they care about what they can win, and with us that's nothing for the foreseeable future.

Dyche couldn't keep Burnley up last year, don't think he'd keep this squad up either
Not saying he is the answer. However I remember watching talksport when he saying in one summer, they only singed one player. The player was 30 year old Stephenson from Brighton. That was 2 seasons ago. He said to the board that’s fine but In a year or 2, we going to have players coming to end of contracts and players getting old. That team needs to be freshened up or we risk going down, which they did. Yeah they bought cornet and maybe other player but was to late. He speaks sense. What makes dyche a realistic option is his championship experience. It’s sad but this team and club are just shambles. So much damage has been done.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

No to former players
No to former managers
No to only looking at prem experience (unless a slight chance of Tuchel or Poch).

RIP it up, bring someone from outside this league with new ideas.

I have been on the Gallardo train for the last 3/4 sackings (should be longer time frame but it’s not), and I feel no different.

If we can’t get a big name like Tuchel or Poch, which we aren’t, we need to be looking at the next batch of managers who have elite manager potential.

So depressed at the thought of Lampard goes who we will be stuck with cos this board is incompetent.

If Moshiri isn't making the decision then who on earth is, has he finally decided to let the DoF do his job, in which case Mr Thelwell needs to get his finger out, or is he on about usmanov do we think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back