Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lampards had 2 seasons in management, the first proved nothing more than he isnt as good a manager as gary rowett, the second he struggled to get in the top 4 with a squad capable of winning the champions league. based on that, what on earth makes people think hes the man to turn around the sinking ship that we currently are? i dont like benitez, i would of never appointed him, but theres not 1% of me would replace him with lampard

Not just jumping on you mate but Ive seen quite a few lampard shouts. The derby job was not a success. They finished on 75 pts the previous season. They lost vydra but added mason mount, fikayo tomori and harry wilson to the squad and finished with 74 pts. That is not a success. It more so indicates hes a worse manager then Gary Rowett. He somehow got the Chelsea job off the back of that. Chelseas squad is so strong and deep they could put probably put out 2 teams that would finish in the top 6. They should be challenging for the title, not limping into 4th. If lampard under performs the squad to the same level with us we're in a relegation battle. Hes a huge no, he simply hasnt got anywhere close to proving himself yet.

I called out Lampard well before he came, huge red flags from his first 2 jobs and now predictably we're the third team hes made worse in his 3 efforts at trying to be a manager.

Given Moshiris propensity for doing what the fans want when it comes to managerial decisions, I really wish people would stop saying Dyche.

Is he really the best we can get? Surely not? I mean we're still the 10th best supported team in the worlds biggest league.

Does he have on his CV going into a struggling club in a relegation battle and keeping them up - no.

Does he have on his CV going into a struggling club and having an instant impact - no.

So why he is so appealing?

I think Nuno got an interview last time but did Dyche? Not saying I want him by the way but choices in our position pare limited, he seems the safe option - just wondered whether he’d had an opportunity to interview for it last time?

Nice to see our club having a modicum of intelligence but I'm not holding my breath, I'm fairly sure Brands was told to draw up a shortlist only for Moshiri to overrule him for Benitez.

This is the opportunity to go after Gallardo now that he's out of work.
A big salary and a huge staying up bonus, he gets to walk away if we drop.
Would much prefer him to start fresh in the summer but we don't have that luxury just now.
Dodgy Kia must have him in his phone book.

This is the opportunity to go after Gallardo now that he's out of work.
A big salary and a huge staying up bonus, he gets to walk away if we drop.
Would much prefer him to start fresh in the summer but we don't have that luxury just now.
Dodgy Kia must have him in his phone book.
Gallardo, more than any manager we could possibly get, would end our silverware drought. The man is a ruthless winner who transformed River Plate, he arguably should have gotten the Barcelona or PSG job. He's also no stranger to having to work with dismal squads or having his best players poached. Plays eye-catching football as well. I doubt we can get him but if we can it would transform this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back