Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 6 weeks back maybe more there was an exclusive from Football Insider (yeah i know no stop tittering at the back) that we were interested in Postecoglu if Lampard was getting sacked. He has a 12 month rolling contract apparently so maybe wouldn't cost much in compensation.

Who knows maybe we were sounding him out during that tournament in Australia?
Ange is a fantastic manager, but unfortunately not what we need right now. Ange is the kind of manager that needs time to bring in his own players, as he has a very focussed philosophy that needs the right kind of players to execute. Our players wouldn’t be able to play his style of football, we’d be relegated. Unfortunately Everton need a fire fighter right now.

I know mate, but he knows he will get other offers and another Title looks good on his CV.

In June the world is our oyster.

In January, scraping around for points and pennies for transfers, we are the sand.

But hey, thats just my view.
The timing makes its harder I defo agree mate and we've no one to blame but ourselves for not sacking the balding tory quicker. Wolves were rock bottom and got a former spain gaffer, Unai leaves a quality project for an in trouble Villa. We've made it way worse through not being able to see what has been obvious for weeks, but plenty will come to the prem no matter what, but we aren't shopping where would be pre- world cup

We actually been linked or is it wishful thinking on posters part?
Not linked, I got his name from Twitter, few on Twitter bigging him up.

The timing makes its harder I defo agree mate and we've no one to blame but ourselves for not sacking the balding tory quicker. Wolves were rock bottom and got a former spain gaffer, Unai leaves a quality project for an in trouble Villa. We've made it way worse through not being able to see what has been obvious for weeks, but plenty will come to the prem no matter what, but we aren't shopping where would be pre- world cup
I cant look past Nuno sadly atm, if people think a 7m release clause is an issue for madman Mosh they havent paid attention.

We need a coach not a manager.
Agreed - one thing that concerns me in particular about Lampard is his inability to articulate what he means by his way of playing, which is reflected on the field by a team that doesn't look like they're being coached at all. Also talking about tactics "not being of importance" in the second half vs Southampton, and more recently that moves in the final third "should be instinctive" is an abdication of responsibility as the team's coach.

Not linked, I got his name from Twitter, few on Twitter bigging him up.

I cant look past Nuno sadly atm, if people think a 7m release clause is an issue for madman Mosh they havent paid attention.
If it was 5 weeks ago I reckon any gaffer not as unbelieveably bad as Lampard could get survival, we've wasted that many decent fixtures with boris lampard that it might be better accepting the warm embrace of the championship and getting a young project gaffer in and thinking long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back