Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but no one actually expected Carlo or Koeman to flop quite so badly.
I defintely did with Koeman, I kind of did with Carlo. Carlo was too much of a soft touch. We needed someone LIKE Benitez, just absolutely not that FSW himself. Koeman lucked in to every position he had due to things falling his way when he was out of options. He was on the verge of being sacked when injuries basically chose his team for him and they went on a run. That's the only thing that saved him. Fat headed Dutch tit...

The upside of going for someone like lampard is, he might not be the manager we want right now, but he’s got plenty of room to grow and learn from his mistakes if we’re patient.
He was never getting that at Chelsea.

Would much rather someone a bit more exciting, but it’s slim pickings at the minute.
I’d take a young up and comer any day of the week over one of the usuals off the manager merry-go-round.

The same argument could be used for either Ferguson or Rooney, too. But, Lampard strikes me as someone with a bit more between the ears and someone I’d imagine is a quick learner.

Martinez will absolutely bowl them over at interview. Rooney probably won’t do as well but will have the Everton connection with Bill. Can’t see Nuno looking good. Lampard would be articulate.

Knowing Everton they’ll pick the worst one so welcome Nuno.

I know it's stupid but I wrote an email to DBB. Or at least whoever is reading that email.

ceo@emails.evertonfc.com

They'll never know unless they know. And I wasn't even advocating for anyone particularly, just that they need to broaden their fn viewpoint and look outside the PL for a manager because they've failed with every single appointment with that criteria.

He also did a good job at Chelsea. The team assembled by him won the CL and have hoisred that club back into the elite. Every Chelsea fan will tell you that, I'm pretty sure.
Don't be naïve enough to think that Lampard had any input on incoming transfers at Chelsea. He was given players.
He did Chelsea a favour by blooding Mount (and Tomori & Abraham to get them sold), but he didn't assemble a squad.

If anything he turned a collection of world class players into a mid-table outlet.

I think Dunc until the end of the season. With the chance to earn his job full time, if he wants it. Everyone will say never managed, well he either does it now or never will. One thing, he has learnt from 5 or 6 managers how not to manage Everton. If he has half a brain he will learn from that. Its about instilling fight into the team for the rest of the season. Get rid of out of contact and deadwood players and start from there, in preseason.

I also think if we aren't appointing an Everton Man ie Rooney, Moyes etc. Then Dunc should leave. Most managers prefer to pick their own backroom. Could it even be undremining having an assistant forced on you? Dunc should go and manage to be ready to come back next time. Not that I want the big man to move, but if he's going to be manager its time do it.
5 or 6 failed managers

he started managing them in 19/20 season
Improvement, sustained and now so far improvement again
Again...easy check
That's not improvement... Or if you class one or two points as improvement that's your prerogative, for me It's stagnation after spending 150M.

Status
Not open for further replies.