Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney has to be the only obvious choice.

He knows the dressing room and he has experience at management.

Derby are not going to keep him for much longer.

A quick compo package and sort it out.
Didn’t he say he was unhappy with the way he was treated at the end of his last stint here.
I don’t want him purely for the fact Big Blue Bill the Bullhitter will make an appearance again and give it the big one and making it all about him.

Worried it won’t make much difference who we bring in. Richarlison will be gone in the summer regardless and Calvert-Lewin not long after, feel like we’re in real danger of falling apart completely
Depending what we do for the rest of the season, there's a possibility both might go in the summer. I hope we can hold onto them for at least two more seasons and show we are progressing as a club.

Experience ... of losing ? In his short managerial career he's got a win rate of 27.7%. If it wasn't for his connections to Everton, not one of us would be considering him for a minute.

Lampard
For;
He's eager to prove himself after his time was cut short at Chelsea, I think he was hard done to at Chelsea, most clubs would have given him more time.
He knows the modern game.
He's intelligent and full of passion for the game.
He will have the respect of the players.
He's English.
He's a free agent, can start immediately.

Against;
He's a Chelsea boy, so would he want to move to the north? I don't think this would be an issue. His priority now is getting his management career back. He knows what a great opportunity it would be to manage a top team like Everton. Plus with the new stadium coming, a well managed Everton could be a great place to be.
He's not local so won't get the fans. I think the fact that he's English and has played in the premiership means he understands what the Everton fans want more than any foreign manager.

He comes across very well in this interview

Kovac got Frankfurt to the CL spots. He went to Bayern, won a "historic double"(*disclaimer* I've no idea what made it historic, just seen it everywhere that way for some reason), the players weren't fans of how much he was making them do double training every day(sound like someone we need?), he got sacked. Goes to Monaco, who finished 9th the year before, gets THEM in the CL spots. Gets in a power struggle with their DoF because the DoF hired his friends to work with Kovac and Kovac didn't like that. He lost that.

Guy is exactly who we need.

My biggest concern with Lampard would be the set pieces. Our duffers need ridiculous levels of micro managing and he suffered at Chelsea because he couldn't fix their set pieces.

Lampard
For;
He's eager to prove himself after his time was cut short at Chelsea, I think he was hard done to at Chelsea, most clubs would have given him more time.
He knows the modern game.
He's intelligent and full of passion for the game.
He will have the respect of the players.
He's English.
He's a free agent, can start immediately.

Against;
He's a Chelsea boy, so would he want to move to the north? I don't think this would be an issue. His priority now is getting his management career back. He knows what a great opportunity it would be to manage a top team like Everton. Plus with the new stadium coming, a well managed Everton could be a great place to be.
He's not local so won't get the fans. I think the fact that he's English and has played in the premiership means he understands what the Everton fans want more than any foreign manager.

He comes across very well in this interview

I like Lampard but .. The problem that Lampard has is just how quickly Toucal managed to turn Chelsea around and into Champion League winners. Ooch!

Surprising you’d want an ex player in, especially one who crapped on us at the nearest possible opportunity.

I'm all for Team Wayne. It would be a roller coaster but an amazing one.

Experience ... of losing ? In his short managerial career he's got a win rate of 27.7%. If it wasn't for his connections to Everton, not one of us would be considering him for a minute.
A Derby team with no money started - points and lost 2 key players and got them off the bottom of the table.

He be cheap and would unite the fan base. Who else we gonna get? Nuno/Lampard

It would be tad surprising if he ends up as the best manager from Fergie's boys. Never thought he'd end up pursuing a managerial career.

…so difficult to judge, I think it’s lots to do with surrounding yourself with the right coaches. These days, transfers tend to be handled by DoFs so a record in that area isn’t as important as it once was.

Football brain with a feel for the game and good man-management skills are critical criteria, things he seems to have in abundance at Derby.

If he came here he’d need good support staff and dare I say it, an excellent DoF to do his shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back