Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we all agree the club needs a shake-up and complacent / lazy players need a boot up the ar$e, how about Nigel Pearson as a cheap but effective option to keep us up?

Then bring in a top manager in the summer and provide a war-chest to get rid of all the dead-wood

Forget the 'He is a blue' rubbish but I had never really looked too much into what Rooney has done at Derby. He has done an incredible job.
This. I (like every other person on here) have no idea whether he’d do a good job for us, but he’s doing a HELL of a job in ridiculously difficult circumstances at Derby.

The fact that they have even an outside chance of surviving is unbelievable

I’m personally not massively for or against Potter really, but he’d be bonkers to walk into this sh!tshow right now. And as for the “go for Potter in the summer” shouts, we’d have to survive for that to even be a possibility.

We need someone to foster a good dressing room, team spirit and have players wanting to fight for him. Thats exactly what Rooney has now.

Will it work here? No idea. But there isnt a guarantee Kovac, Galtier, Fonseca etc would either. Every manager is a gamble.

We need a stroke of luck with the next one.

Experience ... of losing ? In his short managerial career he's got a win rate of 27.7%. If it wasn't for his connections to Everton, not one of us would be considering him for a minute.

On the flip side only the top 5 have lost fewer games than them as well so at least he’s been picking points up. With a little more quality at his disposal he may have picked up a few more wins. Different ball game in the championship obviously. Don’t think you’ll find many managers that would have a decent win percentage there as well with what’s going on. I do think it’s too early for him but he will be 100% on the list, you know Bill will push for it. He has at least demonstrated he can get a tune out of a club in turmoil with no funds to work with.

A Derby team with no money started - points and lost 2 key players and got them off the bottom of the table.

He be cheap and would unite the fan base. Who else we gonna get? Nuno/Lampard
On the plus side he has shown ability to manage a complete $#@&show and Lord knows that is what our next manager will walk into here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back