Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he's gotten rid of Dr Death and he's already put presure on Brands via the media which we all know he's well connected with.

Add in he is the first manager in years to actually add pace into the side he knows what's required to turn this club around.

give him the money and time and he'll sort us out imo - worth the gamble as Lampard, Nuno or Anorim etc certainly aren't going to do it.
Wow! A great big wow!

Then let them have full control of football operations or bin the role off completely
I was very much looking forward to the role when we announced we would be going down this route in the early days as I thought it would bring a good structure to the club going forward. However it's just turned out to be an utter disaster with nobody really understanding what the individual in the role actually does on a day to day basis and other club employees seemingly having input on stuff you would'nt expect. If we are going to go down the road of having a DoF then we need to do it properly, once and for all now, whether that's Brands or someone else.

You know absolutely zero about Amorim or Gallardo do you?

That's not a dig either, why would you know anything about them? That works both ways for those championing them too.

Moyes and Benitez are completely different managers by the way, about as polar opposite as you can get.

I do agree that the DOF system is not workable especially how we run the club.

The last sentence is just weird. I will let someone else deal with that one!

I don't need too because this squad will see them off!!

Even Klopp/Pep/Simeone would have their work cut out as did Ancelotti yet people think a bloke who's only ever worked in Portgual or Argentina will come in and turn the club into a success with Kenwright as Chairman and Brands as DOF.

You're all deluded.

I was very much looking forward to the role when we announced we would be going down this route in the early days as I thought it would bring a good structure to the club going forward. However it's just turned out to be an utter disaster with nobody really understanding what the individual in the role actually does on a day to day basis and other club employees seemingly having input on stuff you would'nt expect. If we are going to go down the road of having a DoF then we need to do it properly, once and for all now, whether that's Brands or someone else.
Couldn’t agree more. I thought the structure would allow for the transition of youth players into the first team and be “ready” than we’ve witnessed in years

But it’s turned into a shitshow, owners, chairman, DoF, managers all having their say

‘Kin mess

Even Klopp/Pep/Simeone would have their work cut out as did Ancelotti yet people think a bloke who's only ever worked in Portgual or Argentina will come in and turn the club into a success with Kenwright as Chairman and Brands as DOF.

You're all deluded.
Irony alert

You're all deluded.
Everyone is wrong. But I'm right.

Because Anorim is the new Gallardo who is the new emperors new clothes like so many before them.

We keep banging on about these hipster managers who dont want to get invovled in the running of the club - they work under DOF and ours is crap.

We need a Moyes/Benitez type manager who runs the whole show because otherwise we'll continue bobbling around as we are.

Some of our fans will be made by that so long as we dont have an ex Kopite manager and if thats what compensates for their tiny cocks then fair play to them but im concerned about the long term outlook at this club not obsessed about the manager who was getting hounded even when he was winning!

The clubs a shambles at the moment.
So you wanted Ancelotti out but you want to keep Benitez?

So you wanted Ancelotti out but you want to keep Benitez?

I never wanted Ancelotti out at all mate - I said he should have gotten another season which he would have done had he not done a bunk.

I criticised him for some baffling decision making same way I've said I dont like Benitez playing two in midfield - but I dont want him sacked because there is no solution out there mid season to our problem.

Brighton have actual professionals playing for them who want to make a career as premier league footballers. Does anyone seriously think these players will respect Graham Potter? They’ll be laughing on their WhatsApp group and making predictions of how quickly they’ll have him out and whether Marcel will give them a new contract at any point during the chaos. This is what they do.
We need to start somewhere otherwise the manager merry-go-round will continue, I just want a manager with an identity and long term plan. If the players don't respect that they need to go, I doubt they'll be laughing at one of the best upcoming English managers. The alternative is getting in someone like Dyche or another pragmatic manager to just keep us afloat until we can spend again and have moved into BMD. I kinda thought that was the plan with Benitez, the board probably thought he'll make us hard to beat and hard to play against, in reality the opposite has happened, every team in the league will currently be looking at Everton and thinking it's a great chance to pick up 3 points.

I'd be intrigued to see Sean Dyche at a bigger club, laugh all you want but he's done a tremendous job at Burnley given their size and wage/transfer budget. I think he'd be able to adapt as he got better players.

I think those type of managers are proper managers, all these so called top coaches only want to manage the biggest clubs with the best players because they aren't up for a fight, they want it almost on a plate. I often wondered what the likes of Mourinho and Ancelotti would be like at a club not full of stars and they were terrible.

We need a proper manager who is used to managing our type of club. Doesn't have to be Dyche of course only using him as an example. It also needs to be someone who will demand respect and hard work.

I'd be intrigued to see Sean Dyche at a bigger club, laugh all you want but he's done a tremendous job at Burnley given their size and wage/transfer budget. I think he'd be able to adapt as he got better players.

I think those type of managers are proper managers, all these so called top coaches only want to manage the biggest clubs with the best players because they aren't up for a fight, they want it almost on a plate. I often wondered what the likes of Mourinho and Ancelotti would be like at a club not full of stars and they were terrible.

We need a proper manager who is used to managing our type of club. Doesn't have to be Dyche of course only using him as an example. It also needs to be someone who will demand respect and hard work.
Not arsed i like Dyche. He uses the tools he has and keeps them up with no money

Status
Not open for further replies.