Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need a short term firefighter. We are 6 points ahead of the drop with 19 games remaining. Why are people so quick to panic? We are not doomed, we are just in a precarious position due in part to an inept manager.

2 wins changes an awful lot, let's keep our nerve.

I think Watford play Norwich and Burnley next, Leeds play Newcastle. Things could look very bad, very quickly. We need a win very soon.

Rooney or Dunc for me. We have tried Hollywood managers, we have tried upcoming managers who play nice football, we have tried proven pl managers and its ended badly. May aswell gamble on a evertonian as this atmosphere needs improving. Unless we hire martinez and blue bill announces he's leaving

Because we're bottom of the form table - and IF we get relegated it probably puts paid to our new stadium and possibly ends the club

So, yeah
You could make a conspiracy theory that possibly this is the master plan (I don‘t believe it is) as it would solve the high wages bill, solve the stadium funding issue and bring in a nice little parachute payment.

I feel I have to add again that I don‘t believe this but you could see why some might say it could be

Can I clear something up before this place turns toxic again - surely nobody hates Martinez? The guy has never said a bad word about us (or anything for that matter).

He's not the greatest manager of course, but are we really going to piss our pants again over the choice of manager? Seems self-defeating, especially given the lack of credible alternatives and when we're in a relegation scrap.

I personally think it sounds like a laugh, I'm all aboard Martinez pt.2.

I like this way of thinking. Just enjoy Everton as a spiritual successor to Fawlty Towers or The 3 Stooges.

Whisper it but I don't even "hate" Benitez. He's a kopite pantomime villain and I can't take football seriously enough to actually hate people over it.

"Interim".

A word now in vogue in the idiot world of Premier League football.

We have half a season in front of us. We dont want an 'interim', we want a permanent manager.

This lot have 3 weeks to find one before we fully roll into the second half of the season, so they better either appoint Roberto or get out there and bring one in. There is a lot of games to be played here and we dont want any apprentices learning on the job.
We have players and staff that already feel immune to the consequences of their performance, they’ll have trouble taking any manager seriously outside of a honeymoon period, the word interim would shorten that grace period to a month

Could somebody enlighten me on why they think Ferguson is qualified to deputize for the season? His lack of experience is disconcerting. I dont think we're getting relegated but still in a precarious position. People criticize bill for being excessively sentimental but calls for Ferguson strike a similar tone

I really think we need a manager who is strong defensively, even if its only to the end of the season. The priority has to be to get 21 more points and get us to the 40 point mark. The biggest danger for me is that we bring in someone who wants to play free flowing attacking football, zonal marking and a high line and we just continue to get caught out for pace and positioning at the back.

You've contradicted yourself, pal. Wasn't Benitez supposed to be "strong" defensively? Furthermore, why have our defenders being caught out for pace and positioning all season long under said manager? Perhaps it's the players that continue to be picked e.g. Coleman, Keane that are the problem but that doesn't necessarily mean we need a "defensive" manager to stop picking them!

Just because West Ham are doing well and likely to get into Europe, doesn't mean Moyes wouldn't be willing to consider moving closer to home for a huge pay rise. Obviously its a bigger task here at the moment, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be interested. I'd be more surprised if Martinez would be willing to miss out on going to the World Cup to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back