Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't unfortunately. The next manager has to.

"We" is a collective for those inside the club. I wasn't suggesting the good folk of GOT can save the club, although we probably wouldn't do much worse!

Anyone we appoint could take us down because the future is not ours to know. But there is absolutely no way we are doomed like some are saying. We need 4 or 5 wins between now and May. If we can't get those we deserve to go down and play championship football.

No hence why I’d want to go with someone who’s going to rally the team and get us the 5 wins we need.
I not sure they will, he showed no tactical skill, he ran completely on passion which won’t be the same again. An he admitted himself he was warm out after 4 games, yet we got 19 left. I’m not convinced because he worked under blah blah blah makes him the right man.
You give him the job and Villa put 4 past us.. then what

Joint managers... Ferguson and Rooney.

Half joking , but it would not surprise me if it happened..... but I think it more likely to be a manager who has vast experience and a history of winning.

Could somebody enlighten me on why they think Ferguson is qualified to deputize for the season? His lack of experience is disconcerting. I dont think we're getting relegated but still in a precarious position. People criticize bill for being excessively sentimental but calls for Ferguson strike a similar tone
Cos he beat Chelsea…Frank Lampard Chelsea.. he shouldn’t get the job. He did great last time but it was all passion.. not convinced he can get 5 wins out of 19

Bill has said - I told you so
Moshiri has washed his hands of it...ok smartarse You pick this time
So we have Martinez, Ferguson, Rooney, Bill would go all teary at one or any combination of 2

William Luvington, Boyspen Hickson Kenwright in - having your cake and eating it shocker

You've contradicted yourself, pal. Wasn't Benitez supposed to be "strong" defensively? Furthermore, why have our defenders being caught out for pace and positioning all season long under said manager? Perhaps it's the players that continue to be picked e.g. Coleman, Keane that are the problem but that doesn't necessarily mean we need a "defensive" manager to stop picking them!

Well clearly Benitez is not strong defensively. He has one methodology for his defenders and our team clearly cannot play it. People complained about how we played defensively under Carlo, but I think that was trying to cover for some of our frailties in that area. I think we have to recognize where our weaknesses lie and set our side up to be hard to breakdown if nothing else.

Graham Potter turned down Everton to stay at Brighton. Get in your lane blues.

Cant blame him. He has a squad that is as good as ours and he is in a better position in the league (9th) if they stay there or maybe even get a place or 2 higher he will be offered higher placed teams in the league in the summer and we would probably be back in form him as well. At the moment from the outside managers must be looking at us and just seeing chaos. That's what I see.

To get out of the position we are in, we need a pragmatic, experienced manager. Someone who can organise a poor team that makes lots of errors. The methodology with the hire of Benitez was right, it was just the wrong hire. Once we're out of that position, the club needs an identity. A commitment from top to bottom to a clearly defined playing style that runs310 through the club and youth teams. All signings are made with that shape in mind. The problem with the pragmatic manager (if he does his job and gets us safe) will want the chance to do the second part, like Allardyce.

If you hire the coach to create the identity now, relegation is a very real possibility as instilling that identity on the club and into the players becomes a priority, almost as much as results or maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back