Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear it's going to be Cannavaro, we all know how Moshiri loves a big name regardless of whether they are actually suited to the role.
Same. I'm not against lampard and actually wouldn't have minded him in the summer pre benitez but for me we should be going all out for kovac right now

But, you know, this is everton:

Welcome Fabio

Fergusons comments suggest a lot of the reports we've seen about shortlists weren't right because most of them said he was on it and it seems from his own mouth that he never was so you have to question what else they've got right or wrong.
It’s always a guessing game. Some journos saying Cannavaro had talks and was ruled out and some saying he’s on the shortlist. Likewise I’ve heard people say Lampard had a good interview and some said he didn’t. A lot of conjecture at this stage.

It looked nailed on to be Nuno at one point in the summer and then Benitez emerged. Can’t really predict what Moshiri will do.

Same. I'm not against lampard and actually wouldn't have minded him in the summer pre benitez but for me we should be going all out for kovac right now

But, you know, this is everton:

Welcome Fabio
I’ll back whoever we appoint but id certainly have serious reservations about Cannavaro based purely on his cv.

It’s always a guessing game. Some journos saying Cannavaro had talks and was ruled out and some saying he’s on the shortlist. Likewise I’ve heard people say Lampard had a good interview and some said he didn’t. A lot of conjecture at this stage.

It looked nailed on to be Nuno at one point in the summer and then Benitez emerged. Can’t really predict what Moshiri will do.
Yes it just sounds from Fergusons comments as if he was never a possibility when almost all the reports said he was so if they were wrong about that then maybe none of them know as much as we thought. We assume they're getting their information from somewhere reliable and the names mentioned are the right ones but when something like this happens it makes it seem like they might not be as clued up after all.

I've looked many times at the vote options, but despite what the title claims, there is no Polish manager in the list.

?

So from the list above:
Ferguson has said he doesn't have the experience, most likely what he has been told by the board.
Rooney has said there has been no contact.
Lampard has apparently interviewed.
Garcia I don't think there has been any mention.
Mourinho has stated he is happy at Roma.
Potter has essentially ruled himself out.
Martinez looks unlikely as Belgium don't want him to leave and he has just had vermalen join his staff so looks set.
Kovac has been linked but nothing confirmed or leaked about interviews.

Add in cannavaro has supposedly been interviewed.

So looking like lampard, cannavaro or possibly kovac at current state of play.
hope there is more going on behind the scenes than your logic summary. i guess it will be difficult with Rooney as once you ask for permission to speak to him we have to be 100% going for him.

hope there is more going on behind the scenes than your logic summary. i guess it will be difficult with Rooney as once you ask for permission to speak to him we have to be 100% going for him.
So do I. And God knows whether any reports about cannavaro and lampard are even true.

Im still holding out hope that Kovac has met Mosh secretly in Monaco so we wouldn't have any idea about it.

Not necessarily as I guess he could still have a bad interview. As others have said it’s maybe that we are looking at unattached managers in the first instance.

So do I. And God knows whether any reports about cannavaro and lampard are even true.

Im still holding out hope that Kovac has met Mosh secretly in Monaco so we wouldn't have any idea about it.
Going on the number of journos reporting it, there does seem to be some substance In Cannavaro having held talks. Whether it was just preliminary discussions and not going further or he’s genuinely in the running seems to be a point of debate between sources.

So from the list above:
Ferguson has said he doesn't have the experience, most likely what he has been told by the board.
Rooney has said there has been no contact.
Lampard has apparently interviewed.
Garcia I don't think there has been any mention.
Mourinho has stated he is happy at Roma.
Potter has essentially ruled himself out.
Martinez looks unlikely as Belgium don't want him to leave and he has just had vermalen join his staff so looks set.
Kovac has been linked but nothing confirmed or leaked about interviews.

Add in cannavaro has supposedly been interviewed.

So looking like lampard, cannavaro or possibly kovac at current state of play.
Potter was asked in a pre-match Brighton press conference about the speculation. He's hardly going to turn around the day before they play Chelsea and say "Yes, I'd love the job" is he now?

Any managers in a job, it's guaranteed the press will report on any official approaches to the clubs in question.

As @davek has rightly said, they are going to spend the next three weeks searching. Giving Ferguson, Villa, Brentford and potentially Newcastle.

This is not a, nor the definitive list of candidates. It's pieced together from bits that have been disclosed to the press, fan speculation and lazy clickbait journalism.

Athletic saying Big Dunc would want Carsely in the mix too.

Would be huge. Coach on rise in the English game.
He’s had a couple of caretaker spells in the championship, one being Brentford I think? He did well. When the shambles boothroyd got sacked as England u21s I instantly thought carsley would be a brilliant choice. Growing reputation within the game, short spells he’s had have been good. Be interesting to see how he fairs with the u21s when they underachieve always.

Potter was asked in a pre-match Brighton press conference about the speculation. He's hardly going to turn around the day before they play Chelsea and say "Yes, I'd love the job" is he now?

Any managers in a job, it's guaranteed the press will report on any official approaches to the clubs in question.

As @davek has rightly said, they are going to spend the next three weeks searching. Giving Ferguson, Villa, Brentford and potentially Newcastle.

This is not a, nor the definitive list of candidates. It's pieced together from bits that have been disclosed to the press, fan speculation and lazy clickbait journalism.
Was just a round up of what it's looking like (presswise) currently in regards to the choices in the poll. There's obviously lots more going on (at least I hope there is).

Status
Not open for further replies.