Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Potter was asked in a pre-match Brighton press conference about the speculation. He's hardly going to turn around the day before they play Chelsea and say "Yes, I'd love the job" is he now?

Any managers in a job, it's guaranteed the press will report on any official approaches to the clubs in question.

As @davek has rightly said, they are going to spend the next three weeks searching. Giving Ferguson, Villa, Brentford and potentially Newcastle.

This is not a, nor the definitive list of candidates. It's pieced together from bits that have been disclosed to the press, fan speculation and lazy clickbait journalism.
That El Bobble chap did say the board are still looking at other candidates aside from Lampard, Rooney and Cannavaro so I’d say there could still be a few twists in the tale.

Not necessarily as I guess he could still have a bad interview. As others have said it’s maybe that we are looking at unattached managers in the first instance.
It makes you wonder how you have a bad interview going for a managers job, things like i want 500 million to spend straight away, will play 6 at the back and only work 2 days a week the rest is playing golf, makes you wonder what the last lot said to get them the job

Potter was asked in a pre-match Brighton press conference about the speculation. He's hardly going to turn around the day before they play Chelsea and say "Yes, I'd love the job" is he now?

Any managers in a job, it's guaranteed the press will report on any official approaches to the clubs in question.

As @davek has rightly said, they are going to spend the next three weeks searching. Giving Ferguson, Villa, Brentford and potentially Newcastle.

This is not a, nor the definitive list of candidates. It's pieced together from bits that have been disclosed to the press, fan speculation and lazy clickbait journalism.
Dont rule pout some names from the *early list*:

the Martinez approach is not resolved yet
Lampard wil probably get another interview
Potter may be there for us but secured for the summer

...but a whole host of names as yet unmentioned will be looked at in the next fortnight.

It'll be done, and probably done and dusted by Newcastle.

Not necessarily as I guess he could still have a bad interview. As others have said it’s maybe that we are looking at unattached managers in the first instance.
you cant just interview someone without permission. which wont be given easily.

so , yes you do probably be need to be certain you want him.

Reading between the lines of Moshiri's press release, I think that seems to be what the plan is. But who knows with this basket case club.
Could be.

But I also think it read like the creation of a breathing space of a few weeks to secure the new manager was being created - and stating it'll come as part of the ongoing "strategic review" can also fireproof Moshiri from the blame that he's received over hiring Benitez.

I dont believe this will take us past another fortnight, tbh. We'll be drifting otherwise.

He’s had a couple of caretaker spells in the championship, one being Brentford I think? He did well. When the shambles boothroyd got sacked as England u21s I instantly thought carsley would be a brilliant choice. Growing reputation within the game, short spells he’s had have been good. Be interesting to see how he fairs with the u21s when they underachieve always.

I don't think he likes being a manager, think he's said so in the past. He seems comfortable coaching young players which seems to have got him places and well respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.