Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's bounced up rapidly to the England under 21 coach. Testimant to how good people in the game rate him.
Carsley results as England Under 21 coach:
Beat Kosovo 2-0
Drew with Slovenia 2-2
Beat Andorra 1-0
Beat Czech Republic 3-1
Lost to Georgia 3-2

His results as England Under 20 coach
Beat Wales U20 2-0
Lost to Aston Villa U20 3-1

I can't see anything in his career that suggests he's a good, let alone great, coach.

Is there a team who've done well while he's been either their coach or manager?

Carsley results as England Under 21 coach:
Beat Kosovo 2-0
Drew with Slovenia 2-2
Beat Andorra 1-0
Beat Czech Republic 3-1
Lost to Georgia 3-2

His results as England Under 20 coach
Beat Wales U20 2-0
Lost to Aston Villa U20 3-1

I can't see anything in his career that suggests he's a good, let alone great, coach.

Is there a team who've done well while he's been either their coach or manager?

Southgate bombed at under 21s. Took the national team to a euro final....

Like I say, he's respected highly in the game

Out of the last 6 days one thing stands out to me: Lampard and his connections remaining tight lipped.

Mourinho and Rooney and the Belgian FA have reacted to make plain where they are at with this job.

Lampard quickly shut down specualtion he'd take the Newcastle job, but zip on the Everton speculation.

This one is in play it appears...and I think his name will be joined by a couple of others in the next fortnight.

Last edited:
For me, he has clearly been told he isn't getting it for that reason. I suspect we will see him leave at end of the season if he gets a management offer.

But if that's the case, surely that was the case previously, so either he wanted to stay and work under ancelotti/benitez for the experience they offer, or the board hadn't previously told him he wasn't in with a chance with no experience.
I think Dunc looked at the situation and gone F that.. I’ll wait till it’s sorted itself out.

For me, he has clearly been told he isn't getting it for that reason. I suspect we will see him leave at end of the season if he gets a management offer.

But if that's the case, surely that was the case previously, so either he wanted to stay and work under ancelotti/benitez for the experience they offer, or the board hadn't previously told him he wasn't in with a chance with no experience.
lol lol lol

He wont shift his arse out of Everton.

Ker Ching!

If things are handled properly then yes, absolutely. Of course there’d be grumbles and groans and bumps in the road, but if we were playing decent football, doing things the right way, and looking like there was light at the end of the tunnel then I think fans would absolutely lap it up after what we’ve had recently.

I agree, I don't really buy this idea fans are impatient. The most critical thing I can say, is that fans mirror the ownership, who is very impatient. However, people gave Moyes over 10 years, without ever really calling for his resignation. Took most of 3 years to turn on Martinez.

The issue is, they are not doing things for the long term, and they don't communicate effectively what they are trying to do.

If in the summer, they went and got Potter and Ashworth, and put out a simple statement effectively saying it would take time, but we are giving them 5 years to get it right, I honestly think people would get on board completely with this. But you can't keep appointing managers like Allardyce, Koeman, Benitez and even Ancelotti, allow them to sign a load of players 27/28+ often on big money, and then say you want patience. People aren't stupid.

I agree, I don't really buy this idea fans are impatient. The most critical thing I can say, is that fans mirror the ownership, who is very impatient. However, people gave Moyes over 10 years, without ever really calling for his resignation. Took most of 3 years to turn on Martinez.

The issue is, they are not doing things for the long term, and they don't communicate effectively what they are trying to do.

If in the summer, they went and got Potter and Ashworth, and put out a simple statement effectively saying it would take time, but we are giving them 5 years to get it right, I honestly think people would get on board completely with this. But you can't keep appointing managers like Allardyce, Koeman, Benitez and even Ancelotti, allow them to sign a load of players 27/28+ often on big money, and then say you want patience. People aren't stupid.
Yep, that’s exactly how I see it too. As long as the board keeps talking about winning things and chasing names the fans will believe we’re underachieving if we’re not right at the top. The message needs to change, both in terms of words and actions.

Yep, that’s exactly how I see it too. As long as the board keeps talking about winning things and chasing names the fans will believe we’re underachieving if we’re not right at the top. The message needs to change, both in terms of words and actions.

Yes. I think fan behaviour is a reflection of that. Moyes went too far the other way, but at least he kept it realistic in his communication.

I kind of hope we get someone like Cahill in, and we sideline Kenwright.

Status
Not open for further replies.