Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the structure has to be there. The recruitment has to be there. Thats why i said about building something here. Potter never walked into a brighton team purring like an F1 car as some suggest. Chris hughton hardly had them crossing the halfway line. Potter changed the whole mentality of how those players approached games. His coaching style has been the same since his spell in Sweden.
Nobody is waving a magic wand here. Its about starting something with a head coach who changes the whole infrastructure. Everton needed to start somewhere and that was last summer when they should have sold that idea to Potter to come build that here.
But Everton have short sighted idiots running the place who think they have to look good by going for names like benitez or mourhino. Dinosaurs of the game who build nothing.
Potter was perfect for Everton.
Straight question.....do you think we, the fans, will be patient enough to allow somebody to build?

This circus at the top has got to end. The board are genuinely making a laughing stock of the club with the way they go about these things, it’s painful.

We’re in a real relegation battle and they’re seemingly going round interviewing whoever they already know or anyone that an agent is whoring out, and not bothering to look at what the club really needs and who might be best placed to provide it. I seriously fear for our future, if we’re lucky enough to stay up this year it just seems like a matter of time until these clowns complete the job.

Straight question.....do you think we, the fans, will be patient enough to allow somebody to build?
If things are handled properly then yes, absolutely. Of course there’d be grumbles and groans and bumps in the road, but if we were playing decent football, doing things the right way, and looking like there was light at the end of the tunnel then I think fans would absolutely lap it up after what we’ve had recently.

Ferguson at St Mirren.

The big problem with that though is times have changed, managers generally got more time back then as you didn't have social media ramping everything up.

True, times have changed and maybe patience is a thing of the past, but the general principle here is the same

In football, the more money you have and the better players you have, the more likely you are to win games. On the flip side, the less resources you have, the less likely it is you'll win regularly. If all we do is focus on the end results, we will always judge the managers of the weaker clubs as being of a poorer standard. Graham Potter would be a great current example. If you judge him purely on his results during his tenure at Brighton, you couldn't make a great case for him being ripe for a move to a bigger club, it's the other stuff that surrounds it which clubs need to analyse and decide whether the skill sets those managers have would translate into giving that manager a good chance of being successful with greater resources.

With every manager at a "lesser" club, judging them solely on results is only seeing a small part of the picture.

Depends what “patient enough” means. If you’re asking would the fans put up with middling results for a while if there was clear evidence of a plan being put in place, and gradual progress towards that plan, then yes I think they would.

If it involves putting up with turgid football and 9 losses from 12 games, then no.

To be fair, neither have Lampard or Rooney.
Lampard did OK at Derby and set the foundations of todays Chelsea to a degree. Rooney is working apparent miracles at Derby but difficult to access given the unusual circumstances. Cannavaro has been working in leagues in Saudi, or wherever, and China for many years. If he was showing any potential surely given his fame due to playing career he would have been snapped up by a more fashionable club? I would give more credit to Lampard and Rooney over Cannavaro

Lampard did OK at Derby and set the foundations of todays Chelsea to a degree. Rooney is working apparent miracles at Derby but difficult to access given the unusual circumstances. Cannavaro has been working in leagues in Saudi, or wherever, and China for many years. If he was showing any potential surely given his fame due to playing career he would have been snapped up by a more fashionable club? I would give more credit to Lampard and Rooney over Cannavaro
He has won the leagues he has been in

If things are handled properly then yes, absolutely. Of course there’d be grumbles and groans and bumps in the road, but if we were playing decent football, doing things the right way, and looking like there was light at the end of the tunnel then I think fans would absolutely lap it up after what we’ve had recently.

I’d be ok with mid table and some cup runs but playing decent entertaining football for a couple of seasons. I’ve come to terms with that. Palace are an example of quickly changing their style. I’ve enjoyed watching them this season even though their results are up and down.

Rooney is "100% committed to Derby County and there's been no approach from EFC" - Derby fan group who held a meeting with the club's administrators.

Status
Not open for further replies.