Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody wants an Allardyce however we need one and even more so than last time. He’d keep us up and I really can’t say that about anyone else at the moment. Dire but necessary medicine that’s worth it in the long run.

Get him in on season end contract, throw the kitchen sink at his stay up bonus, that’s what he would want and so would we.

Then calmly go about our business of completely restructuring this football club under no pressure with clock ticking or clinging on to hope under an unexpected manager.

Love to start of with Dan Ashworth and go from there.

Why would it happen in the next few days?

Lampard on a 2nd interview and Rooney 1st apparently this week.

Ferguson says hes expecting 2 or 3 more games.

Do you really truly believe 2nd half we were dominated by Villa? I think thats the wrong way round.

As for Gallardo, if Ferguson beats Newcastle and potentially Leeds + Southampton then we could keep him till season end.

Thats the time to bring in Gallardo. He would be a fantastic appointment.

But now? I think its too big a risk.
We weren't dominated by Villa but we certainly didn't dominate them. A few chances from crosses (most notably the cross from Gordon for DCL) but other than that very little - did Villa's keeper make a save? Can't remember one. If we'd scored I've no doubt Villa would have changed gear.
The risk with keeping Ferguson is very much the possibility of relegation. His 442 is so predictable that other teams will know what to expect . We need to win a few games and I can see us struggling to beat anyone playing like we did yesterday.
Yes Gallardo is a risk but he's 46 and been a successful winning manager for over 10 years. Far less risky than Rooney or Ferguson IMO.

Nobody wants an Allardyce however we need one and even more so than last time. He’d keep us up and I really can’t say that about anyone else at the moment. Dire but necessary medicine that’s worth it in the long run.

Get him in on season end contract, throw the kitchen sink at his stay up bonus, that’s what he would want and so would we.

Then calmly go about our business of completely restructuring this football club under no pressure with clock ticking or clinging on to hope under an unexpected manager.

Love to start of with Dan Ashworth and go from there.
Allardyce is a stain on our history. Should never have got a job here in the first place - going back to him, after he couldn’t save West Brom would be a disaster and would be more divisive than Benitez.

Don't go near Vitor whatever his name? You may as well go for the other Portuguese plank Nuno Espiritu Santo; at least he knows the league and speaks good English.

I would have been all for this kind of appointment a few years back as representing something different.

But he is totally wrong for now. We are in a relegation battle and sinking without trace. He likes to play a high line, have large gaps between the CBs (often playing 3 CBs) and likes them to come out and build the play.

When we are in danger of going down, that will be a disaster with our current players. Plus he likes a possession game and none of our players seem capable of passing the ball 5 yards ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back