Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t seem like we are allowed to take managers from other clubs since the whole Silva Watford thing.

Allerdyce- unemployed
Silva - unemployed
Ancelotti- unemployed
Benitez- unemployed

We interviewed Nuno who was unemployed.
So should Benitez go your looking at managers not in a job with PL experience
Lampard is pritty much the only 1 we are likely to get as he fits what Moshiri seems to want…Big name with PL experience

He won’t think out the box. Galtier would have been a far better appointment

Roberto Martinez.

Unpopular amongst some too thick to accept that 2 semi finals in one season with a tiny squad, half of them on their last legs was some achievement.

Beaten by a single goal in both by the 2 most expensive squads in the country.

Add best season in the EPL era with great football.

If only he’d been given half of what that **** Koeman wasted….
He had no training structure at the club. He worked 121 but had no group sessions, no drills
Moyes last season we have 4 hamstring injuries, in Martinez 2nd season we had 64.
The guys a terrible club manager.

Give it Potter
7869CECE-18E5-4132-AC39-225B39A16BB8.jpeg

There wasn't a lot wrong with Bobby, the problems started with Koeman and were exasperated by Silva and Carlo.

We haven't been smart in the transfer windows. We have literally wasted hundreds of millions.

Our academy hasn't provided for years, the fact that we have flops like Tom Davies and JJK still in the 1st team squad says a lot.

Doesn’t seem like we are allowed to take managers from other clubs since the whole Silva Watford thing.

Allerdyce- unemployed
Silva - unemployed
Ancelotti- unemployed
Benitez- unemployed

We interviewed Nuno who was unemployed.
So should Benitez go your looking at managers not in a job with PL experience
Lampard is pritty much the only 1 we are likely to get as he fits what Moshiri seems to want…Big name with PL experience

He won’t think out the box. Galtier would have been a far better appointment
Ole's At The Wheel people...

There wasn't a lot wrong with Bobby, the problems started with Koeman and were exasperated by Silva and Carlo.

We haven't been smart in the transfer windows. We have literally wasted hundreds of millions.

Our academy hasn't provided for years, the fact that we have flops like Tom Davies and JJK still in the 1st team squad says a lot.
What happened to Tom though.
That performance in the 4-0 doing of city was the highlight of his career and been downhill ever since

McGeady and Cleverley were both out of contract. That was the market we were operating in and I can see the thinking behind them both.

McGeady was an exciting young talent at Celtic who can whip in a good ball and has gone on to get lots of assists at a lower level. Admittedly it didn't work out but when you haven't got a pot to piss in and you're looking for free transfers only, it was worth a punt.

Cleverley came in for nothing and has gone on to be a regular premier league player. We also made an £8 million profit on him.

There's plenty to kick Martinez for and he'd be pretty low down the list of choices for me but those 2 signings aren't really it.

Niasse on the other hand........
And who was that terrible defender he brought with him from Wigan; Alcaraz?

Why all the shouts for Lampard?
Not that I'd want him in the slightest, but thankfully he wouldn't touch us with a bargepole.

Lampard is a terrible. I find it baffling that people want a guy who has been turned down by half a dozen clubs this season alone and is being linked with league 1 sides now.
Only manager who available with PL experience who isn’t a Dinosaur.
We won’t be taking anyone else manager as we havnt since Silva-Watford debacle

I said the other day Id like to see us move for Diego Martinez the former Grenada coach. He took a small team on a very small budget made up of free transfers and loan players, took them up a division and then into the latter stages of the Europa League. He is a massive fan of the PL and English football and has recently been doing an 'English tour' including a visit to RB and ourselves for a few days (so he has seen behind the scenes) and he tries to play an attractive style, he is a proper coach who improves and gets the best out of what he has. Get him in as a head coach then have a proper DoF above, like a Campos who will actually put Moshiri in his place. Unless we can somehow get Kovac out of Monaco (wishful thinking)

If he's seen behind the scenes here then he'd run a mile if we offered him a job.

Lampard would be way out of his Home Counties comfort zone, in an unbelievably hostile environment which would mean he couldn't scurry back home after a match to get a cuddle off uncle Harry.

Think I’d go for Potter too. Got a easily identifiable style of play and is getting the best out of a very average Brighton team. We’ve lacked an identity on the pitch for so long and he’d certainly get us playing progressive football.

In an ideal world we’d have a DOF in though to help him with the transfers.

Genuinely have to wonder whether Potter would even leave Brighton to come to us. That's where we're at as a club.

I can see him ending up at Leicester once Rodgers gets the boot.

Not that Benitez is going anywhere, but if he did why would we need anyone with PL experience? I imagine most managers objectively qualified to manage a top-flight team have TVs and can easily follow PL football from there.

Every one of the most successful managers in modern football joined the club with whom they had said success, from outside the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.