Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that Benitez is going anywhere, but if he did why would we need anyone with PL experience? I imagine most managers objectively qualified to manage a top-flight team have TVs and can easily follow PL football from there.

Every one of the most successful managers in modern football joined the club with whom they had said success, from outside the PL.
Because that the way Moshiri works and why we have Benitez and not Galtier or Gallardo or Fonesca or Ragnick and why when Benitez is sack he be replaced with a Lampard Allerdyce Bruce Mourinho type manager
Brands didn’t want either of the last 2 managers

The main criteria that the dope seems to want from a new manager is previous pl experience which is a load of bollocks, most managers that have success now in the pl usually come over without any previous experience of our league

Because that the way Moshiri works and why we have Benitez and not Galtier or Gallardo or Fonesca or Ragnick and why when Benitez is sack he be replaced with a Lampard Allerdyce Bruce Mourinho type manager
Brands didn’t want either of the last 2 managers
If we're assuming Moshiri isn't going to change his spots, then Benitez defo isn't going anywhere! No chance Moshiri is going to pick him over Brands and then bin him off, too.

If we're assuming Moshiri isn't going to change his spots, then Benitez defo isn't going anywhere! No chance Moshiri is going to pick him over Brands and then bin him off, too.
He won’t have much choice soon, Thursday a hammering then Leicester at home which will be extremely toxic atmosphere.
He lost the away fans, when a manager loses the away at Everton it time to go.

He taking the mick out of us. Should never have appointed him

He won’t have much choice soon, Thursday a hammering then Leicester at home which will be extremely toxic atmosphere.

So many fans were lost when the guy was appointed. If that mattered to Moshiri I think Benitez would have gone instead of Brands.

IF Benitez goes this season (and I honestly don't think he will), it will be after January so that Moshiri doesn't have to contend with a new manager who wants a few bob to spend.

You are right of course but I believe that Moshiri is a very stubborn nan who doesn't give a toss about what the fans want.

The bottom line is the only thing that matters to him is if he and Usmanov genuinely think that Benitez is their best option to keep us in the PL he will stick with him .

However defeats v Burnley and Newcastle might change his mind.

If we can't provide significant transfer funds we are an extremely difficult sell for any manager with a modicum of ambition. If we have to sell to buy, the only players we have that are of any real value are Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison, who if we didn't replace either or both effectively would quite possibly be enough to relegate us as the rest of our team is woefully under-par.

We are desperate to replace Coleman, Allan is probably already past his best, Mina seems happy to run his contract down (who could blame him?) and is hardly ever fit, Doucoure is decent but has no resale value and god knows what happens with Digne now.

I would love nothing more than to appoint a manager like Gallardo and Amorim but they would have to be insane, like clinically insane, to come here.

Roberto Martinez.

Unpopular amongst some too thick to accept that 2 semi finals in one season with a tiny squad, half of them on their last legs was some achievement.

Beaten by a single goal in both by the 2 most expensive squads in the country.

Add best season in the EPL era with great football.

If only he’d been given half of what that **** Koeman wasted….
Ha the bloke was bordering on mad.

I'd love to see what I wish we'd done 5 years ago. It's easy to say now, but In hindsight, imagine if 'we'd spent £500 m on a shopping list of:

£100m - young players - investments for the first team or for selling on
£150m - 5-6 top players for hte first XI
£50 m - 1 'marquee signing'
£100m on training, coaches, facilities, sports science, the managers - that is staggering investment!!
Imagine if we'd spent it on a single coach with a DOF that we believed in and just followed a pathway - think of the Red Bull group, of Athletico, of the new Ajax - that kind of model. Imagine even Graham Potter style innovation, or the young German coaches, or Forest Green with its eco friendly approach, clubs that use yoga, sports science and sports psychology in clever ways. In the last 5 years we may have invested in all of that and still not made Europe, but we'd have a transformed club with a strategy and vision for innovation, giving a chance to young players and coaches, and for doing things the 'right way'. We needed to become a club that people come to not just for the salary but because it's good for their careers. It's fine if we are a stepping stone, while we also grow, but a special 'identity' is what we should develop. This would count for A LOT now, because a club identity is all we have to really stand apart from other PL clubs, in the absence of oil money, and so we could have started to bridge the gap. So finally, after all these years, after Benitez, that's what I'd like to see, but this time of course, we won't have that money to invest.

But overall, we've had no strategy, and what I'd love to see, is all of this money invested in setting up the club for the long-term, and some of the elements of the Moyes era were that we were known for a great club culture, at least that we gave youth a chance, worked hard, and it felt good to be at Everton. Martinez did that ok too, even though results were dire at the end. It's easy to say in hindsight - at the time I liked Martinez, and thought if he had better coaches and tactical nous and actually with Moshirin money we could have replaced Alcaraz, Besic, Kone, and got better understudies for Baines, Coleman and Jagielka, we would have been a lot better. He's learned to be better tactically I think. Koeman looked ok on paper, even though Silva was unknown, the concept of a young coach with a DoF is ok . They were not all obvious disasters from the start, apart from Allardyce & Benitez.

I'm not the type who just wants to sack everyone I don't like, but I just wish it was easier to see a strategy and have better leadership. We need ideas on communication, club culture, everything to do with football operations needs an overhaul, and ex-players should only be hired if they have the skills!

Here's hoping for a change in direction.

I'd love to see what I wish we'd done 5 years ago. It's easy to say now, but In hindsight, imagine if 'we'd spent £500 m on a shopping list of:

£100m - young players - investments for the first team or for selling on
£150m - 5-6 top players for hte first XI
£50 m - 1 'marquee signing'
£100m on training, coaches, facilities, sports science, the managers - that is staggering investment!!
Imagine if we'd spent it on a single coach with a DOF that we believed in and just followed a pathway - think of the Red Bull group, of Athletico, of the new Ajax - that kind of model. Imagine even Graham Potter style innovation, or the young German coaches, or Forest Green with its eco friendly approach, clubs that use yoga, sports science and sports psychology in clever ways. In the last 5 years we may have invested in all of that and still not made Europe, but we'd have a transformed club with a strategy and vision for innovation, giving a chance to young players and coaches, and for doing things the 'right way'. We needed to become a club that people come to not just for the salary but because it's good for their careers. It's fine if we are a stepping stone, while we also grow, but a special 'identity' is what we should develop. This would count for A LOT now, because a club identity is all we have to really stand apart from other PL clubs, in the absence of oil money, and so we could have started to bridge the gap. So finally, after all these years, after Benitez, that's what I'd like to see, but this time of course, we won't have that money to invest.

But overall, we've had no strategy, and what I'd love to see, is all of this money invested in setting up the club for the long-term, and some of the elements of the Moyes era were that we were known for a great club culture, at least that we gave youth a chance, worked hard, and it felt good to be at Everton. Martinez did that ok too, even though results were dire at the end. It's easy to say in hindsight - at the time I liked Martinez, and thought if he had better coaches and tactical nous and actually with Moshirin money we could have replaced Alcaraz, Besic, Kone, and got better understudies for Baines, Coleman and Jagielka, we would have been a lot better. He's learned to be better tactically I think. Koeman looked ok on paper, even though Silva was unknown, the concept of a young coach with a DoF is ok . They were not all obvious disasters from the start, apart from Allardyce & Benitez.

I'm not the type who just wants to sack everyone I don't like, but I just wish it was easier to see a strategy and have better leadership. We need ideas on communication, club culture, everything to do with football operations needs an overhaul, and ex-players should only be hired if they have the skills!

Here's hoping for a change in direction.
The longest journey begins with a single step.

It's the falling over backwards before that step that we don't need

Status
Not open for further replies.