Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally see Duncan as pretty ideal for the 23s job going forward. He's learned a lot tactically from likes of Ancelotti and gets what it means to play for the club. The getting the club bit is much more important at academy level than senior level. If you have young players immersed in the club then they are much more likely to make the grade.

….I’m not sure he wants it. It’ll mean he’s ultimately sacked whereas he wants a job at USMFF for life.
Is understandable really, he was declared bankrupt a few years ago, he has a family to support. Regardless of his personal career ambitions financially it’s a big risk for him to leave his stable job at Everton to take on a lower league management job.

can't be that good if he needs a team handing on a plate too him, is he not capable of building?
he is that good, but everton lacks quality players and a decent academy to provide young prospects... sadly everton is F*ked : broke, filled with horrible overpayed mediocre players (minus a select few) AND this is a big 1: a fan base wich doesnt realize that everton golden days are way behind, that actually this club is ... yes, a small (accepting that is the first step to improve) club, like all others outside of the elite EPL AKA the "top six" . That fanbase mentality demands inmediate sucess , wich makes harder any plan to rebuild the club.

He should have went out a few years ago and took a lower league management job
Probably, but maybe he didn't feel ready to and felt he needed to work up through various coaching roles and learn from other managers. I would expect him to leave at the end of the season into a management role after that comment.

He is what, 50? Takes on management for next 5/6 years with everything he has learnt, then could come back and still be relevant and fairly young for a long term project.

Absolutely. I mean he’s 50 now and if he doesn’t go fairly soon and get management experience at another club then I don’t think he’ll ever be in line for the top job.

….I’d be very surprised if he has the ambition to manage elsewhere. I’ve always thought his comfort zone is USMFF. He has the run of the place; gym, pool, superb food & a weighty salary. I doubt his ability as a coach, I don’t see Managers seeking his counsel, I don’t see him centrally involved in training sessions under other managers.

he is that good, but everton lacks quality players and a decent academy to provide young prospects... sadly everton is F*ked : broke, filled with horrible overpayed mediocre players (minus a select few) AND this is a big 1: a fan base wich doesnt realize that everton golden days are way behind, that actually this club is ... yes, a small (accepting that is the first step to improve) club, like all others outside of the elite EPL AKA the "top six" . That fanbase mentality demands inmediate sucess , wich makes harder any plan to rebuild the club.
I think most of us understand where we are in the football hierarchy these days, doesn't mean we shouldn't want better. the rest I agree with, we are a SHAMBLES.

….I’d be very surprised if he has the ambition to manage elsewhere. I’ve always thought his comfort zone is USMFF. He has the run of the place; gym, pool, superb food & a weighty salary. I doubt his ability as a coach, I don’t see Managers seeking his counsel, I don’t see him centrally involved in training sessions under other managers.

Ancelotti appears to have rated him. Enough for me to suggest he's a decent coach.

For me, he has clearly been told he isn't getting it for that reason. I suspect we will see him leave at end of the season if he gets a management offer.

But if that's the case, surely that was the case previously, so either he wanted to stay and work under ancelotti/benitez for the experience they offer, or the board hadn't previously told him he wasn't in with a chance with no experience.
My guess is that they had a dream of ancelotti coming in and doing a great job of getting the club up where we want to be, and all the time Ferguson would be learning from him etc, so that after 4 years or whatever he could step in as ancelotti retired or moved on.

That obviously didn’t happen and so he still isn’t seen as having the necessary experience. You’d imagine he never will now though, unless he’s incredibly successful elsewhere and makes it impossible not to bring him back.

So from the list above:
Ferguson has said he doesn't have the experience, most likely what he has been told by the board.
Rooney has said there has been no contact.
Lampard has apparently interviewed.
Garcia I don't think there has been any mention.
Mourinho has stated he is happy at Roma.
Potter has essentially ruled himself out.
Martinez looks unlikely as Belgium don't want him to leave and he has just had vermalen join his staff so looks set.
Kovac has been linked but nothing confirmed or leaked about interviews.

Add in cannavaro has supposedly been interviewed.

So looking like lampard, cannavaro or possibly kovac at current state of play.

So from the list above:
Ferguson has said he doesn't have the experience, most likely what he has been told by the board.
Rooney has said there has been no contact.
Lampard has apparently interviewed.
Garcia I don't think there has been any mention.
Mourinho has stated he is happy at Roma.
Potter has essentially ruled himself out.
Martinez looks unlikely as Belgium don't want him to leave and he has just had vermalen join his staff so looks set.
Kovac has been linked but nothing confirmed or leaked about interviews.

Add in cannavaro has supposedly been interviewed.

So looking like lampard, cannavaro or possibly kovac at current state of play.
I fear it's going to be Cannavaro, we all know how Moshiri loves a big name regardless of whether they are actually suited to the role.

Fergusons comments suggest a lot of the reports we've seen about shortlists weren't right because most of them said he was on it and it seems from his own mouth that he never was so you have to question what else they've got right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.