Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive posted before on this forum that he was the 'Benitez' type or words to that effect before.

The players hated him. The fans hated the performances. The management hated his attitude.

Lovely name though. Yawn.

Makes sense. Id not read that he had lost the dressing room -- not sure if thats true.

But theres no doubt players regressed and big money players flopped.

Boadu for example was someone people on here wanted us to sign.

"Gang full of misfits"

Would that be Bayern or Monaco ?

Monaco would be quite relevant as well. Id imagine him coming in, saving us from relegation...

...everyone is happy.

In summer we make sales, he spends the money and then several players regress and the big money signings flop.

12months time were back here again with people calling Kovac Benitez 2.

You can answer that yourself surely?

If theres one thing Rooney knows, its football. Hes been an elite footballer and has taken a step into management when he could have stayed in MLS or gone elsewhere to play and earn the big bucks still.

If you want a young manager with a 'name' to attract players and someone who they will want to learn from and listen to you dont get too many better names than Rooney.

The key is the DOF with him.

Cooper comes across well actually. I wouldnt be against him either.

Im fairly open minded on managers thesedays, as long as they make sense in some way.

Mowbray would be a no from me.
That's my thing with Kovac. In 18 months we'd be looking for a new manager anyway but the squad would be in equally a poor place potentially (okay maybe not that bad but still...). It feels like he had lightning in a bottle with that Frankfurt side.

If we're going to just go for a manager for 18 months then have that be the plan and go all out for Favre. Just make it clear that the plan is 18-30 months, we want him to be the manager to a) stabilise after the Benitez madness then b) build next season.

Hopefully, the potential to transfer his natural footballing talent, and a wealth of experience playing for one of the best managers in the games history into his managerial style would be a start.
Hope is all you have with him though. There’s no track record to draw on.

Actually there is - 2 seperate runs of 1 win in 15 last season.

Hope is all you have with him though. There’s no track record to draw on.

Actually there is - 2 seperate runs of 1 win in 15 last season.
It's not an easy decision either way, our success rate of managers with 'a track record' is pretty woeful. I just hope we make a good choice and back him, not something I trust this board to get right at all.

And yeah I would rather have Rooney out of all the ones they've currently interviewed that we know of.
You’ve actually gone into highly detailed analysis of Kovac in an attempt to dismiss him.

You have no such data to draw on for Rooney to make a judgement, yet give him a pass?

You’re all over the place.

Need to get someone in soon so they can work with our lionhearted heroes and whip them into shape.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.