Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally valid points.

Lampard is not a better manager than Benitez. No matter what people think of Benitez.

Neither are any of the "three candidates."

Lampard can't do defending. The difference between Lampard and Tuchel was night and day.

The difference in quality available to him between Everton and Chelsea is night and day.

It says it all about our squad that Ancelotti is a manager that does not have a system. Rather changes the system to suit the players. Then ended up looking like the Italian Sam Allardyce. He had zero trust in our defence.

However if Lampard can get Derby to the Championship final. I'm sure he can get Everton out of the Championship once we're in there.

It's not looking good.
I mean, that's just factually incorrect in the modern game. What has Benitez done in the last 6 years that says he's anywhere near what Lampard did with Chelsea in that first year? Benitez was outmanaged by Steve fn Bruce ffs.

After 10 minutes on Twitter I realised totally forgot how much Leeds hate Frank. His first home game is Leeds. Hope we leather them and them horrible ferrets are crying. He’s living rent free in their heads.
What did he do to Leeds or is this just another example of Leeds thinking their relevant and pretending they have a great rivalry with everyone?

He lost vydra and weimann at Derby. Oldest squad in league. Added loans and promoted kids.

Beat Leeds in play offs but lost to Villa in final.

Chelsea he lost Hazard
Kepa thrust on him.
Tuchel is 3rd now
Leeds collapsed after spygate before that they beat Derby twice. Derby finished 6th that season, a massive 20 points behind Farke's Norwich. They finished 6th despite having three of the best players in the League on loan in Mount, Tomori and Wilson.

Tuchel's Chelsea have conceded 18 goals in 24 games this season. Lampards Chelsea conceded 54 goals in his one full season. That was followed by him getting sacked because he had the lowest points per game of any Chelsea under Abramovich. They lost 5 of his last 8 League games and failed to beat a single team who were above them all season.

And the 3 up front? All Central?
No dcl and wingers playin on inside foot, or it could be 2 central strikers and offensive player. We need to play direct, pragmatic not posession football. Defence one on one except top 3 Teams. When wingback asissts other wingback Frank buys whole team dinner

What did he do to Leeds or is this just another example of Leeds thinking their relevant and pretending they have a great rivalry with everyone?
Before a 2–0 victory over Derby County on 11 January 2019 to further Leeds' lead at the top of the Championship table,[76] in the pre match build up Bielsa admitted he had sent a spy to the Derby training ground,[77] after reports emerged in the press that a man was spotted the previous day outside the Derby training ground.[78][79] Derby manager Frank Lampard was critical of Bielsa's method.[80] On 12 January, Leeds United released a statement in response to the incident.[81] Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino described the incident as "not a big deal" and commonplace in Argentina.[82] Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola, when asked about Bielsa due to his scouting methods, described him as "the best" and said "everyone who works with him is a better player and the teams are better. That's why he's a special manager and special person".[83] On 15 January, the EFL announced they would be investigating the incident.[84]

With intense media scrutiny on what was coined 'Spygate' in the media, dividing opinion worldwide,[85][86][87] on 16 January 2019 Bielsa announced a press briefing, where he gave a detailed analysis of his research on a PowerPoint presentation to the gathered media and journalists, detailing his meticulousness, thoroughness and preparation over his opponents,[88][89] with some journalists in attendance describing it as a 'coaching masterclass' and 'genius'.[90][91][92] Bielsa's 'Spygate' saga was resolved on the 18 February, when Leeds were fined £200,000 by the EFL for breach of a portion of Rule 3.4 of EFL Regulations ("In all matters and transactions relating to The League each Club shall behave towards each other Club and The League with the utmost good faith.),[93][94] with the EFL also announcing a new rule as a result, that teams could not watch opposition training up to 72 hours before a game.[93] It was subsequently revealed, by Bielsa, that he paid the £200,000 fine in full out of his own pocket.[95]

I think the players would buzz of this appointment. Actually feel good about this
Are you Even surprised blues are in his case already? It’s what we (they) do
no I’m not which is pretty sad. Young manager, fantastic player, will attract names, will have new ideas, the fact Cahill is going to be apart of the first team which we (majority) wanted. Looks very positive. If he managed in the Scottish league I can guarantee he could of done what gerrard did. People say that gerrard did a good job, must be forgetting the fact Celtic we’re in turmoil with players and finances and people leaving. That all gets forgetting about, Celtic we’re up his arse this season and he knew it and jumped ship imo.

You seem very angry.

A member since 2014, barely post and haven't posted for over 3 years apart from this week. What's Frankie done to you? We are all friends here.
I’m more of a reader than a poster, I’m not angry at all.

I just think hiring a manager who’s record is average at the very best,who has zero defensive coaching ability, has limited experience, is very risky and makes relegation more likely.

It’s like Newcastle signing Howe, why on earth would you sign a manager with zero defensive coaching ability whilst fighting relegation? it makes zero sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back