Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this article published on the 27th of May he's saying nobody will buy us etc, now a bidding war is bad news for us....?
View attachment 260080

I know what you are saying mate - but being objective - im not sure what hes saying there is incorrect, he's saying no one will take us on, by paying down all the debt, Moshiri's loans and finance the club as well - i think he's right.

Have said as much this morning myself.

Does "with backing from the Dell family office " lead most people to conclude that
A. Dell himself is going to take a shareholding or
B. The Dell family office will loan B&D the money to complete the deal.

My initial impression,and it hasn't changed is B.

I'm not sure what in the initial statement leads anyone, thinking logically, to conclude that Dell himself was in board.

Esk (who seems embedded) posted

"MSB have Sports Managerment Expertise"

As a lender this is meaningless.

As a lender its irrelevant whether they have equity in UFC (not "management")

Ergo it alludes to them being hands on.

100% its misleading if theyre just a lender.

Genuine question I just can't get my head around...

Given the current interest in the club, what on earth was this 777 thing all about, the pure amount of time it dragged on, the constant bad press, the exclusivity, the extension, the unsecured loans, the fit and proper test etc etc etc.

A month or so ago you'd of genuinely thought they were our only hope, they've even had staff attending games. All this carry on despite their business interests allegedly failing left right and center, Josh Wander and the other prominent fella resigning or getting the boot depending on who you believe, absolute shambles of an organisation.

As incompetent as Moshiri generally comes across, there's no way he's naively wasted months on end on this 777 group, surely.

What's actually gone on here?
The term "Stalking horse" springs to mind

Any minority investment option that means Moshiri keeps involvement, is a very very bad outcome for the club.

We need a full takeover of the club

Like I was saying when it was 777 though, just because they're not Moshiri it doesn't mean they're right.

I'd rather Friedkin at 45% than the wrong people, leveraging borrowing/debt onto the club.

All about getting us stable for now - getting some money in. We're a different outfit in a year or two. Who knows what the story is with sanctions/Usmanov come then...

Any minority investment option that means Moshiri keeps involvement, is a very very bad outcome for the club.

We need a full takeover of the club
This, give me business minded people with whoever invested to sort the off field matters so we’re not sweating on points deductions again over Penfold still having half the club and being part of a ‘stable’ any day of the week

The Dell blag really doesn't sit well with me.

I reckon that was an intentional bum steer and I've had enough of owners blagging fans over the years.

Textor or Friedkin would be my preference at the moment. Even Friedkin at 45% to put the money in we need.
Was just about to post this, why be disingenuous it's not a very good 1st impression.

Like I was saying when it was 777 though, just because they're not Moshiri it doesn't mean they're right.

I'd rather Friedkin at 45% than the wrong people, leveraging borrowing/debt onto the club.

All about getting us stable for now - getting some money in. We're a different outfit in a year or two. Who knows what the story is with sanctions/Usmanov come then...
Friedkin is an asset stripper though, very little has gone into Roma since he went there, they sell players and don't replace them, they chucked all their eggs in the Mourinho basket basically.

Esk (who seems embedded) posted

"MSB have Sports Managerment Expertise"

As a lender this is meaningless.

As a lender its irrelevant whether they have equity in UFC (not "management")

Ergo it alludes to them being hands on.

100% its misleading if theyre just a lender.
This seems to be really bothering you for some reason so why don't you go on twitter and actually ask him what he meant by it?

Genuine question I just can't get my head around...

Given the current interest in the club, what on earth was this 777 thing all about, the pure amount of time it dragged on, the constant bad press, the exclusivity, the extension, the unsecured loans, the fit and proper test etc etc etc.

A month or so ago you'd of genuinely thought they were our only hope, they've even had staff attending games. All this carry on despite their business interests allegedly failing left right and center, Josh Wander and the other prominent fella resigning or getting the boot depending on who you believe, absolute shambles of an organisation.

As incompetent as Moshiri generally comes across, there's no way he's naively wasted months on end on this 777 group, surely.

What's actually gone on here?
Simple mate.
777 was best for Moshiri's back pocket - not necessarily (probably) Evertons future, now he has to get the best deal he can
And we have to hope whoever eventually buys us actually know wtf they're doing this time

I think Paul Brown is probably spot on in his assessment.

One point that is maybe being missed here is that if we believe Bearded Scotsman MSP have traction with other lenders (RMD & ACap) cooperating. Through Joyce/others we also hear that RMF seem prepared to cooperate with B&D with ACap (ex 777) and MSP presumably replaced with BDT-MSD.

This willingness of existing lenders to cooperate and even collaborate is the biggest shift since the 777 SPA expired vs a year ago. IMO this is driven both by changes in our situation (stayed up despite points deductions, stadium nearing completion) and theirs (ACap under $ pressure due to over-exposure to 777).

Whatever the reasons it is welcome to see more interest and more rapid movement than expected. I just wish I trusted Moshiri’s judgement more.

Still waiting for him to explain why the Bell & Downing MSD deal isnt the same as refinancing.

Also why he stated "MSD have Sports Management expertise"

Which I cant see anywhere & if relevanr would insinuate they would be hands on.

Most of these prospective owners will be the same as refinancing. Unless there is a bid that says they will clear all the debts on completion.

The question is what rate is that refinancing deal at and how much the club will have to pay pa to service it?

If Bell and Downing are taking a loan from MSD at 12% that includes a 2% kick back for them for arranging it then it's not particularly great for the club and would show they are more interested in making money from Everton. If Dell was directly involved and said we can borrow the money at 2.5% and Dell are going to sponsor Bramley Moore for 250 million over 10 years then it is going to good for the club.

Without knowing the detail it's impossible to say who is better for the club.

I'm not sure the club will be stable while moshiri owns a significant portion of the club

I think Paul Brown is probably spot on in his assessment.

One point that is maybe being missed here is that if we believe Bearded Scotsman MSP have traction with other lenders (RMD & ACap) cooperating. Through Joyce/others we also hear that RMF seem prepared to cooperate with B&D with ACap (ex 777) and MSP presumably replaced with BDT-MSD.

This willingness of existing lenders to cooperate and even collaborate is the biggest shift since the 777 SPA expired vs a year ago. IMO this is driven both by changes in our situation (stayed up despite points deductions, stadium nearing completion) and theirs (ACap under $ pressure due to over-exposure to 777).

Whatever the reasons it is welcome to see more interest and more rapid movement than expected. I just wish I trusted Moshiri’s judgement more.

I agree with what you're saying.

There are smoke and mirrors going on in terms of trying to influence public opinion but also ramp up a price for Moshiri using PR and the media. Very shady. The so called "intent" isn't actually intent at all. It's being used as leverage.

I highlighted to @Neiler where they are originating
Common denominator, to Moshiri and these other parties

That suddenly appear via leaks to Alan Myers, Sky Sports and others within 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back