Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dell blag really doesn't sit well with me.

I reckon that was an intentional bum steer and I've had enough of owners blagging fans over the years.

Textor or Friedkin would be my preference at the moment. Even Friedkin at 45% to put the money in we need.
Does "with backing from the Dell family office " lead most people to conclude that
A. Dell himself is going to take a shareholding or
B. The Dell family office will loan B&D the money to complete the deal.

My initial impression,and it hasn't changed is B.

I'm not sure what in the initial statement leads anyone, thinking logically, to conclude that Dell himself was in board.

Possible to have an explainer post outlining what we know about each bid pinned to the top of this thread?

Our ceiling is much higher than Romas.
Only because English football is run by right-wing gangster capitalists (and the Italians have yet to properly catch up). People moan about English football selling its soul - which it has - but then take a little pride, apparently, at its status as the "richest league in the world". It keeps Richard Masters and Sky Sports in clover.

AS Roma is a huge club. So are we. If this fella wants to ditch Roma and come here, it's not because Everton Football Club is a significantly bigger club. It's because the Premier League, which is now run by human rights-abusing head-choppers and is, essentially, a kleptocrat's fever dream, is a better financial proposition right now than Serie A. We should remember that when people who already have control of huge clubs abroad start sniffing around our carcass.

Does seem like Paul has some skin in the game.

Maybe im reading too much in to it mind.

In this article published on the 27th of May he's saying nobody will buy us etc, now a bidding war is bad news for us....?
Screenshot 2024-06-09 at 11.43.52.webp

Shouldn’t we all be picking sides and arguing endlessly over which owner is the right one and mercilessly shaming anyone who disagrees? Or is that tomorrow

I reckon that was an intentional bum steer and I've had enough of owners blagging fans over the years.

Textor or Friedkin would be my preference at the moment. Even Friedkin at 45% to put the money in we need.

I got a bit excited too with the initial press release, especially with Kaveh saying “want to spend big with their own fortune, life long Everton fans back with the owner of Dell one of the richest men in the world”. Seems they are just using his financial support only as debt and he doesn’t give one about the club.

Still all guess work. I wanted Downing involved when he got wrongly kicked out for celebrating at the Etihad, a time when someone worth circa £1bn could help us compete (not to city’s level, but back then you could still make a challenge until more clubs got loaded or PSG inflated everything with Neymars tranfer).

I agree with you it is almost becoming personal with him.

I was fully behind Bell and Downing but in all honesty and joking apart if their judgement is so bad that Esk is actually part of their consortium ( as opposed to him hitching his fortunes to their bid ) then you would have to doubt them.

I think the Esk and the Dell story (which still may actually unfold differently to be fair) have very much put me off them.

Of course if they did have DFO or MSB in as more of a partner then i'll be gobsmacked.

Well.....that's pretty much what Ratcliffe is doing

Big difference imo.

United have servicable debt while we do not

Yes the Dell BS as it currently seems really annoyed me yesterday. Clearly been pushed to the media and is really poorly advised.

Imagine if they bought the club today and it was a 11%+ refinancing with MSB.

Every media outlet would surely wonder what the lies were for and be against them/us.

It can happen mate - look at Textor at C.Palace.

The Premier League is what it is as well. It'll cost him more to buy Everton than it did Roma.

Textor wants to invest more in Palace to try and build them up but he hasnt/cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back