Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t disagree with your concerns about this multi club model.
Stop ranting like you’re the only person allowed an opinion. Especially when it’s based on something obviously false - that Roma have underachieved because of this guy.

I havent ranted, im putting forward my opinion based on what the owner has done at another club based on investment and shareholding.

Also ive not explicitly said Roma have underachieved.

Ive said he has not invested in improving their team and has been selling players instead.

Why would someone who ownd the majority of Roma but does not invest sound like a good fit for a club that needs investment...and his intentions can be seen with a 45% offer...thats hardly commitment.

I know we don't have too high an opinion of Moshiri, but does he really think that Moshiri will be carrying out negotiating because of something he's heard on Twitter rather than who actually speaks directly to him!!!

Really wish Prentice would grow a pair and go full Ian Ross on 'The Esk'.

I suppose the point he's making, is it seems like a different bidder every few hours, coming from different sources, i suppose he's suggesting Moshiri is leaking to leverage negotiations.

Supply and demand, a seller always wants to be in a position were it seems their asset is in demand.

83ed9d4a-4945-446b-abb3-a2026234f055_text.gif

Seems that way doesn't it - i wouldn't be his biggest critic, always got on well with him and always seemed a good blue, but im able to objectively critically think about any Info i take on from whoever, maybe he could be right, I'm sure he's backing the lads for a reason........................!

I think Bell & Dowling are a very big threat to this football club.

The fake news about Dell leaked to the media and the desire to get exclusivity talks before other parties jump in with offers is all unsavoury.

The amount of luvvys on social media stating they want owners who "love" the club. Haven't they learnt from the last time we had an Evertonian owner who needed loans from outside billionaires to afford to own the club ?

I suppose the point he's making, is it seems like a different bidder every few hours, coming from different sources, i suppose he's suggesting Moshiri is leaking to leverage negotiations.

Supply and demand, a seller always wants to be in a position were it seems their asset is in demand.

There is a common denominator in all of this and where an inquirer suddenly turns into being listed definitively, as someone intending on buying the club. Leaked to people like Alan Myers

That denominator is Deloitte if you look into it, closely

Once I heard Derek Hatton on TalkSport doing Bell and Downing's bidding for them about a month ago alarm bells started ringing.

My view is that their bid is fuelled by the type of ego that landed us with Kenwright for 16 years - another 'local' who had us handcuffed to outsiders with no discernible benefits but a hell of a lot of downside to them.

No to Blue Knights.

The single most important thing, something the snakes with pound signs flashing in their eyes aren’t quite getting, is that any new owner will prioritise getting the club financially stable to avoid another season like this gone, where we got hit with points deductions, first and foremost before we can even remotely think of bringing in big money players
Think that's all most of us want for now.
We've been an absolute basket case for so long that just being well ran and not forever looking over our shoulders will be a blessing on its own.

I think Bell & Dowling are a very big threat to this football club.

The fake news about Dell leaked to the media and the desire to get exclusively talks before other parties jump in with offers is all unsavoury.

The amount of luvvys on social media stating they want owners who "love" the club. Haven't they learnt from the last time we had an Evertonian owner who needed loans from outside billionaires to afford to own the club ?

It might be the case that anyone coming in, is restructuring the debt mate and we are just going to be lumbered with it mate and the best we can hope for is the best interest rate and over a long period of time, to ease the moment.

If someone wants to come in and just clear it, great - but how likely is that really.

So if the above is what we are looking at - then what we are looking for, is who has the best plan, most competency and be able to recover the club.

Take MSP - who would they appoint to a board, what experience do they have, are they short or long term investors.

Bell and Downing, certainly seem to have skills in terms of running a successful business, one from a financial perspective and the other from property and infrastructure development - both those things could be very handy.

Realistically i think we may need to accept the debt, let the clubs change hands and look at what plans whatever party has to recover the club.

Its nice to think of Middle east investors and Michael Dell, but ultimately think I've arrived at a place that id be really surprised if we are sugar daddying our way out of this in a change of ownership.

Maybe the best bet is to make us - self sustainable again and maybe that's exactly what we need.

Last edited:
Does seem like Paul has some skin in the game.

Maybe im reading too much in to it mind.

I agree with you it is almost becoming personal with him.

I was fully behind Bell and Downing but in all honesty and joking apart if their judgement is so bad that Esk is actually part of their consortium ( as opposed to him hitching his fortunes to their bid ) then you would have to doubt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back