Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you getting the "at high interest rates" bit from?
The return on investment you can get when you have billions to invest is colossal, by doing very little other than choosing your opportunity. I guess the assumption is that given MSD have no real interest in the success of Everton, they’d charge interest comparable to the returns they could make elsewhere.

The return on investment you can get when you have billions to invest is colossal, by doing very little other than choosing your opportunity. I guess the assumption is that given MSD have no real interest in the success of Everton, they’d charge interest comparable to the returns they could make elsewhere.
The high interest rates (relatively) are from their other debt holdings, as well as the position Everton are in…

What seems to be lost in all of this is that MSD will back any credible buyer, not just the bid from Bell and Downing.

It's quite easy to make money if you've got piles of it, football on the other hand is a very difficult way to make money, even if you were the owner of the most successful club you'd still only make pennies to the pound compared to other ways of investing money. If I had billions there's no chance I'd get into football unless it was just for a hobby and got enjoyment from it. I certainly wouldn't see it as a way to make stacks.

I'm presuming you are a financial expert with indepth knowledge of their business workings?

To quote a contributor of another fan site, who I share their sentiment (foul language redacted)

"Be arsed with Bell & Downing getting in, and another however-many years of the same blues who had their tongues lodged firmly in Kenwright’s *redacted* excusing every *redacted* thing they may do due to them being boss blues"

B&D may be more business savvy than BK was, but you'll still have with them the hugely divided fanbase that will turn toxic and the local reporters / prominent social media names getting exclusives in return for North Korea style reporting.

More trouble than its worth the whole thing.

To quote a contributor of another fan site, who I share their sentiment (foul language redacted)

"Be arsed with Bell & Downing getting in, and another however-many years of the same blues who had their tongues lodged firmly in Kenwright’s *redacted* excusing every *redacted* thing they may do due to them being boss blues"

B&D may be more business savvy than BK was, but you'll still have with them the hugely divided fanbase that will turn toxic and the local reporters / prominent social media names getting exclusives in return for North Korea style reporting.

More trouble than its worth the whole thing.
I think it’s really harsh to compare every potential blue owner to Kenwright, the guy was a one of a kind egomaniac and put himself above the club whenever the option was there.

What I will say though, is this owner needs to be savvy businessman who knows how to run a huge football club first and anything else is a nice to have.

If all of the bidders are equal in finances and ability to run a club then absolutely get the evertonians in but it seem Vatche Manoukian and MSP are the best financial and business options from what I’ve read

It's quite easy to make money if you've got piles of it, football on the other hand is a very difficult way to make money, even if you were the owner of the most successful club you'd still only make pennies to the pound compared to other ways of investing money. If I had billions there's no chance I'd get into football unless it was just for a hobby and got enjoyment from it. I certainly wouldn't see it as a way to make stacks.
Tell that to the Glazers, or even our former Chairman. Plenty of money to be made in football.

I love that Esk stuck his nose in the wrong place and pissed off this City fan so much that he constantly comes in and smacks him down on Everton matters now

I can’t believe Evertonians hang on his words after he’s been wrong so many times
Pretty sure citizen of suburbia is an Everton fan…

All that was said of Bill Kenwright/fans loved having blues on our board/CEO for a long time.

Appreciate I'm in the minority but I honestly don't care whether Evertonians own or run the club.
I straight up don't want an Evertonian owning the club. Sentimental naval gazing and being stuck in the "good times" has held this club back for decades. We need cold calculating business people to come in and make the tough decisions putting us on the road to profitability and making Everton a player on the world stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back