Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Dell definitely just been named cos he's agreed to loan Bell and Downing then, not cos he wants anything to do with us personally...

There are way more questions than answers right now on every bid. Lots of questions being asked of Bell & Downing in particular in here.

To add a little balance MSP with their supposed multi-club acumen are often only a minority investor with limited Board influence (eg Augsburg, where Blitzer one of the Crystal Palace group, is the lead guy).

None of their invested clubs (Brondby, Augsburg, Estoril, Beveren and Alcorcon) are pulling up trees, with only Brondby contending domestically and both Beveren (league 2) and Alcorcon (just relegated back to league 3) being minnows.

They are not activist investor-managers bringing huge football insight and analytics. Nor does money flow into the teams they acquire. They need to bring one or more big US investors in alongside them (and I do not mean dodgy Kenny King and the struggling ACap) to look like a decent longer term option IMO.

Why do you think they targeted Spurs?

Last year: English soccer club Tottenham are not commenting on reports that they are set to be the subject of a UK£3.1 billion (US$3.72 billion) takeover by Iranian-American billionaire Jahm Najafi.

Najafi, who is chairman of the MSP Sports Capital group, is a minority owner in the National Basketball Association’s (NBA) Phoenix Suns and an investor in Formula One team McLaren. According to the Financial Times, the 60-year-old is preparing to launch a bid to buy Spurs from current owner Joe Lewis and chairman Daniel Levy.

MSP, which has stakes in a number of European soccer clubs, is reportedly putting up 70 per cent of the proposed price, with investors from Abu Dhabi set to make up the rest of the offer.

Now imagine having that same equity split with Abu Dhabi investors, top management and huge backing & a multi club setup where we would be top of the tree.

FWIW (very little), my money is on MSP simply because they’re in the box seat with the agreement if 777 defaulted that they took 51% as I understand it

Either way, as a major creditor, they will have a say in the outcome

FWIW (very little), my money is on MSP simply because they’re in the box seat with the agreement if 777 defaulted that they took 51% as I understand it

Either way, as a major creditor, they will have a say in the outcome
50% of Moshiri's shares, +1 share, I believe. They didn't activate the clause.

Yeah but this is exactly what is not allowed. Businesses with financial input in the club cannot themselves then award themselves/club with inflated naming rights. This is exactly what man city are going through at moment and taking on the PL over.

Think this is why usmanov stayed away from being direcrly involved in the club by being a massive sponsor.
Isn't that what Dell is looking like?

Regardless of whether you want Bell and Downing the Kenwright comparisons needs to stop.

It's mad even in death how much time he occupies in peoples mind.

These fellas are successful in their own right,just because they knew Kenwright it doesn't mean they have the same MO as him.
Yeah that’s all a bit absurd and a very simple way of thinking.

One thing I will say about their bid is that they’re trying to sway opinion through the media and others, like Textor, so you have to wonder how competitive their bid is.

images

His yacht looks a bit poverty to me.
Our owner's had yachts - look what happened there - means they are tax dodgers .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back